S-10 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a sanden compressor from the junkyard and had the v-pulley on it. i would prefer to switch it to a pulley that can use a serpentine belt. i have access to a serpentine pulley that will fit it. how do i go about removing the pulley? I removed the middle nut, now does the pulley just get pryed off or do i have to do more? Thanks guys!

·
smurf
305 Posts
prolly have to use a pulley puller

·
Registered
84 Posts
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/A-C-Air-Conditioning-Clutch-Hub-Puller-Installer-Kit_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ43996QQitemZ4629544145QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

if u look at the puller kit above, everything on the right side of the box will be used.
First take off the nut in the center of the pulley then take the small silver bolts and pass them though the slotted holes in the disk. Screw the bolts into the tapped holes on the pulley. then screw that black bolt though the center of the disk to push on the shaft and pull the pulley off

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
would a small gear puller work? like a 3 pronged one? or does screwing it in to the pully do something special?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill probably give that a try then, since i can rent one from local autozone for free rather than buying something.

·
smurf
305 Posts
you can rent the other one too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts