S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought the EDC kit from airlift for a 99 4.3 s10 and the belt that came with the kit is too small, i thought i read about that problem on here already but i can't find a part # for the correct belt i should buy. the belt that came with the kit is part# A27 (4L290) and it's too short to even go on the pulleys. what belt do i need to get??

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
adamchampagne said:
I bought the EDC kit from airlift for a 99 4.3 s10 and the belt that came with the kit is too small, i thought i read about that problem on here already but i can't find a part # for the correct belt i should buy. the belt that came with the kit is part# A27 (4L290) and it's too short to even go on the pulleys. what belt do i need to get??

Call up corey at Airlift and let him know ASAP!
http://www.easystreetair.com/Corey.htm

·
~~~~
23,957 Posts
adamchampagne said:
its easter weekend and after business hours, i'd like to call him monday and get the right belt but for now i want to go to autozone and get the belt so i can finish up.

I hear that get a string and mesure the length you need to go to the store and let them know :)

Normaly that is the best way.

·
Xtremely Yellow
1,411 Posts
The 4L290 is the proper belt...sounds like you are trying to route the belt OVER the idler. If that's the case, a 4L295 will do the trick. I went through many 4L290's until I routed the belt on top of the idler, as suggested by DJD.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
airjon23 said:
The 4L290 is the proper belt...sounds like you are trying to route the belt OVER the idler. If that's the case, a 4L295 will do the trick. I went through many 4L290's until I routed the belt on top of the idler, as suggested by DJD.
i didn't even have the idler on when i tried to put the belt on. not to mention the compressor is as close to the alternator as it can get and the belt is still too short. i got a belt from o'reilly's that is just a bit longer and works like a charm.

·
Just another asshole
4,348 Posts
I dont even run an idler... threw that bitch in the trash, and havent thrown a belt in months.. i think im running a 70..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts