S-10 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have bought an ECM that everyplace says is correct for my truck but even after programming it at a dealership, some of my auges do not work and stuff of that nature. I'm figuring that the wrong ECM because there are 2 available for a 2000 s10 2wd 4cyl. If anyone would mind post your ECM (engine computer) hardware number (HDW#, how it should be on the ECM), and service # on the ecm and information of your truck, like year, flex fuel, not flex fuel, automatic trans, manual trans, 4cyl. I would greatly appreciate any info or help. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's worth mentioning the stuff affected by this ECM is the temp gauge, fuel gauge, low fuel light, battery indicator light and the gear selector. Non of these things work or are not malfunctioning, but I can install my old ECM and all that stuff works fine. (I can't use the old ECM to drive because it sends bad signals to the trans to shift into the wrong gears)
Also this is the second remanufactured ECM of the same HDW # that I've tried and programed thinking the first one was broke.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.