S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to be buying an Eclipse aluminum series DVC 10'' sub and i was curious as to what kind of specs the box should be....

I was also wondering what size amp i should be running on this setup.

Later,
Fred

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Eclipses are nice..i dunno if i heard any system with them..i prolly did on the street or somethin..i heard that they got a bitch price tho

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
the aluminum series are amazing subs. I used to run two 15" aluminums. You need to give it a SOLID 500 wrms, it's very efficient but still needs some power, if that makes any sense. Sealed, i'd say around a 1 - 1.5 cuft box but eclipse subs are optimized for very small enclosures. Ported around 2.0 max...you did good by buying eclipse you won't be dissapointed. You can run the voice coils in parallel for a 2ohm load. I don't know if you're a rockford fan, but a power500bd would be perfect for that sub. Or a kicker 600.1 with the gains down a bit...good luck :thumbup:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Personally, I'm running 2 12' eclipses.. and i hate them, if your reallly wanting to hit, don't get them, a lil bass.. there not to bad.. not that bad in price, 150 a piece. I also got an eclipse amp.. its decent.. there speakers are awsome tho!

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
dude, how much power do have going to them? i had a kicker xs100 (1300 watts) on my 15's and it was absolutely insane. they were in about a 4.0 cu ft box....also what size box do you have the 12's in?

·
Yes that Sh Sh Shit
2,556 Posts
I used to have a 12" aluminum dvc in one of my old cars with a .5 sealed box and an old school 900.1 orion xtr amp with a small 1 farad cap and its was the best sq sound i have ever heard and i am looking to buy all eclipse stuff again for my truck cause i loved the sound so much

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
ive been through 2 eclpise subs.iu love them.right now i have a 87121dvc non-aluminum series.but it still rumbles.right now its only 1 to a rockford 700s run at 4 ohms and soon itll be 2 eclpise subs running at 2 ohms.ive heard from several guys that they actually like my sub better than any of the aluminum or titanium series cause they dont take as much wattage to run them and you can still get plenty of breath taking bass from them.i out bump a friend with 3 10's in his full size he also has a dime with 2 audiogahn 10's that cant touch me either..so yes definately eclipse is the bomb..........

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok guys i figured out that im probably gonna get 2 10'' aluminum series and a JL 1000/1 amp. I think it will rock the house.

·
Yes that Sh Sh Shit
2,556 Posts
Knowklew said:
ok guys i figured out that im probably gonna get 2 10'' aluminum series and a JL 1000/1 amp. I think it will rock the house.
ur thinking right:thumbup:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts