S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I now have access to a 1999 Mitsu. Eclipse, it is my sister's but she moved to New City and didn't want to take it with her so I now use it until the lease is up next June. It is a 2.0 DOHC non-turbo auto. Well, I just tuned it, cleaned it, and put new brakes on it today. So, I took it for a ride tonight to see how things were. And as it so happens I got into it with an Extreme. It was most defintly a 4-cyl. From a rolling start of about 20 mph I took it until about 70 when we backed off. It was close though and my car was redlineing and smelt bad after that. Then we rolled up to a light (never stopped) and he got a better jump on it then I did and I was not able to catch up. That was pretty much it. I took a u-turn and went home. But that 4-cyl extreme (I hope) was pretty quick for a 4-cyl in a truck. Oh yeah it looked and sounded stock.

·
Moving Violationz NE Member
354 Posts
Yeah you have ot watch out for those EXTREMES.

I would have to say negative on that being a 4cyl EXTREME. I bet it was a 6cyl XTREME. if he pulled on you at all I bet it was a 6. unles he had his 4cyl modded out.

MY cuz has a 2.0 dohc eclipse (5spd) and he would kick my ***$ in a heart beat. I have a 4banger.

·
low and slow
430 Posts
it wasnt a 4 my girlfriend has a 97 talon 5spd and theres no way i can beat it.

·
T/A drivin foundin member
538 Posts
i thought eagle died like in 92

1 - 5 of 5 Posts