S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ALRIGHT SO HOW WOULD I GO ABOUT INSTALLING ONE OF THESE BAD BOYS? I HEAR THEY CAN BE PRETTY LABOR INTENSIVE... :chicken:

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
ya that how to made everything go a lot smoother.. it's really not that much work, just time consuming.. a lot of little trimming to do

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
well if you look at the HOW-TO you can see you need to sawzall a liitle piece off the back...... and its trimming on the shaver its self..... where the sides of the rollpan and side of the shaver meet.. it was like a wave, ecc did a shiity job trimming and cutting them, so we had to take a sander and smooth it out, and or air tools to help smooth....... and if you want to keep the light in the lisence plate, you either need to go through the frame and make a custom space for the light to fit, or what i found on eBay was just lights that go onto the lisence plate frame.....

all in all.... still a nice lookin mod for the stepsides..

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jesus h christ, i seriously thought it would be easier.... not all this grinding and shit...

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey go_extreme, under what did you search for those lights, cuz i seriously think its much easier to buy those, i will commence this project saturday!!! thanks for the help and instruction giude thing guys!

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
sure let me look it for you on eBay ...... give me a few mins..

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
i found it easy to install, the only thing i had to trim was the little peices on the rear, its pretty much un bolting bolts.

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
nope, just used a cutting wheel to cut of a little thing sticking out where the steps were, y2kxtremes how to shows a pic of it and how much to cut off

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well guys i started at 2pm EST today and it took me to about 545 pm to get all that shit off... a lot of talking and eating shit in between but tomorrow all i gotta do is trim, drill and install... oh yea and those NUTS for the bumper were so rusted not even WD40 helped much, i nearly lost a finger when it finally gave way :( .... but hey thats the price i pay for wanting a nice lookin ride

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
alright, so everythings on... and the blacks a tad bit off and im not very happy about that, any suggestions to even out the color with the actual truck, other than a whole paint job?

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
pics?, your lucky , i have a black sonoma and they gave me a light grey kit. i think your going to have to get it painted, it cost me 400 to get it painted

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
Ya mine is black and i got the black shaver kit so it's not that far off, just take it off the truck and have someone paint it...... should be about around $300 - $400

mines close enough for me right now though

·
Slingin ink
6,349 Posts
if you take it off to get paint, it will be cheaper because they dont have to tape anything off, but i left it on fo paint.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts