S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
tits
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been goin at my truck for the past 2 hours trying to get the decals off, got from the driver rear panel up to the door, and I still have to do the door. And after doing that much, my fingers have started to bleed. ANyone got any reccomendations to make this easier?

·
SVT Cobra Moderator
16,020 Posts
let glue remover sit on it and take a string and use it like a saw under and cut off then get the rest of the glue off

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
offthehook said:
let glue remover sit on it and take a string and use it like a saw under and cut off then get the rest of the glue off
:stupid:

you are trying to get the emblems off?? i just used fishing line like offthehook said, then some release agent/adhesive remover to get the rest off the glue off, it will take some time, then you need to wash it good, then wax! Good luck.

·
tits
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No not emblems...decals that come stock on some X's. The ones that start in the front panels and go near the rear fenders.

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
gOeWnNeS said:
No not emblems...decals that come stock on some X's. The ones that start in the front panels and go near the rear fenders.
Just use a heat gun and peel, you dont need to get it real close either, my 01 blazer had some cheesy ass decals that the dealer put on and i easily took them off, just go slow and use some adhesive remover to remove any leftover glue.

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
ready247 said:
be carefull with a heat gun u can blister the paint quick, try your mom or your sisters hair dryer you will be hard pressed tp damage it that way......plus not everyone has a heat gun:werd:
True i seriously kept mine a good 12 or more inches away and kept it moving, i bought i cheepy one from Lowes, was like 10 bucks, for paint and wallpaper uses, i used an industrial one for my truck tailgate a while ago and that sucker did burn a hole in my paint, lol, be careful.

·
It worked for Superman
3,019 Posts
you guys must have some cheap paint. I used an industrial heat gun to take off my side molding and I held the heat gun in one place for like 10 seconds 2 inches away and nothing happen to my paint. I think you should give your paint a little more credit. The auto paint these days is some tough stuff.

·
tits
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Forgot I had this post up. Heat gun did the trick!!! Thanks guys!

·
Registered
1 Posts
at bodyshops they use eraser wheels attached to low speed drills. you can get these from auto zone or murrays for $10-15 and its just a big eraser that rips the decals off without damaging the paint. pretty neat

·
Registered
336 Posts
Yeah, I'm a bodyman and we use the eraser wheels. You can turn 'em pretty quick too. They won't come apart. They also take off ALL the glue too!! NO mess.:headbang:

·
Registered
136 Posts
ready247 said:
be carefull with a heat gun u can blister the paint quick, try your mom or your sisters hair dryer you will be hard pressed tp damage it that way......plus not everyone has a heat gun:werd:
you sure your not using a torch?.... lol:p

·
Pressurized 2.2 Member
3,233 Posts
I used a old credit card worked great no decals no pinstirpe no chevrolet on the back all clean now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts