S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I currently have the front bolt on easy street kit but would like to be able to have more then 2 inches of lift and more then 100PSI limit on the bags. These bags look smaller then regular bags to me. My question is, Could I get standerard 2500 or 2600 bags and put them on the easy street brackets so that I have more lift. If not then why not. If so then what other mods would I have to do and why didnt easy street just use bigger bags to begin with.
Also, I would like to run mono leafs out back with air shocks for the next 2 months (when I get my rear bag set up). I know that mono leafs by them selves are weak but with bags are fine because the bag provides the support. But with air shocks would it be more like having bags on the mono leafs or just the mono leafs. What I mean by this is would the air shocks take the strain off of the weak mono leafs like bags would.

·
www.AcrophobiA.net
1,325 Posts
if you want more psi in front then get a bigger pressure switch that has a higher psi level..........i would only do that if your valves can handle more pressure though......if your valves are only rated for like 150 psi then dont even try it....but if they can handle like 200psi get another pressure switch that can give you more psi in the bags

·
I have a Civic now
3,786 Posts
Easy Street Bags

I believe these bags are smaller because they made it so you would have to cut any frame around the spring pocket, with the AirRide and other similar mounts and the 225c bags you have to trim some frame because they are bigger, you should get a bigger pressure switch, someone on here told me that they have put like 120psi in their easy street bags, are the top of the bags plastic, this is what i heard?

Nathan

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wTF, they are plastic... I never noticed that... Can anyone answer the thing about the air shocks. And Can I put bigger bags on the mounts if I want to cut the frame?

·
Lease is up in 2004
343 Posts
Those brackets are made for those bags only. A firestone bag only has one bolt on the bottom and the Easy Street has 2. Also the top bolt pattern is different also. I had the easy street kit and I didn't like the ride. I went with Slam Specialties 6" RS bag (2500 Firestone Replacement) and Brackets from FBI (cut 1" off of top bracket) This set up drops about 1-1/2" lower and has about 3" more lift than Easy Streets kit and rides a ton Smoother. Also these bags don't expand outward (no change in diameter) so eyebrowing the pocket might not be necessary. I have some pics of the Slam Bags and Installation on my site. The Bags are about $100 each and brackets were about $100 for the set.

www.lowpsi.com

P.S. Unless you are real patient I would get the brackets from someone other than FBI. There are really slow.

·
former title junky mod
6,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hey low psi, Do you have to weld in those front air bag brackets or are they bolt on? Also, what did ya have to cut to get them to work? BTW, I like the ride quality with the air lift kit...

·
Lease is up in 2004
343 Posts
If U like the ride quality with the air lift kit U will love the Slam bags. The cups actually just go in like coils. I put the rubbers from the stock coils on top and bottom of the bag brackets and put them in where the coils use to be. I eyebrowed the spring cup. But I'm not sure U have to with the Slam Bags. And I also notched the frame about an inch so the A-arm would clear the frame.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Hello, about the easy street front kit. The reason we put such small bags up front was because a lot of people don't want to cut anything. We do offer another kit with bigger bags for people like you. About the brackets bolting to different bags. Our bags have a different bolt pattern. Any further questions give me a call. Thanks Jeff..........

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.