S-10 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what is the easiest and cheapest way to do anywhere from a 2-4 inch drop on my truck?

Ryan

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i found it EASY to use spindles and blocks...i'm not really sure how hard it is to change springs....but when it comes to suspension i would save up and get good brand equipment that is dependable and built to last rather then cheaper equipment....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks but i have also heard of using coilovers to adjust the height and I was wondering if these are better/cheaper/more reliable or not? How hard is it to install the drop springs?

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
I dont know what your talkin about coil overs, but coil springs are alot easier than replacing spindles, alot cheaper too, the only thing you have to consider is shock travel, I have a friend with chassis tech 3" coils and has no complaints, all you need is a spring compressor, get dat sh*t out, spindles are alot more work plus alighnment, but are sort of a better way to go if you got the loot, but there is still nothing wrong with coils. I have used chassis techs products before blocks and stuff no problem.

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
ohh they dont make a marketable coilover for the strucks that I have seen I have heard they are in the works, and some people doing a custom job of it, but for now were leaving it to the ricers.

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i didnt really have a prob on the spindles but it seems coils would be easier to install but i've never done it....as far as coil overs i'm sure you could probably jigga rig something in the front but i dont see how you could make an adjustable leaf in the back...at least there is nothing on the market at the time for this...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts