S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received an Infinity basslink that I plan to install in my 98 S-10 4x4 extended cab. I have the stock head and stock speakers. The basslink has RCA and line level inputs. Where is the easiest place to tap into the speaker leads? I would prefer not to have to remove the radio to get to the leads on the back. The factory speakers are only in the top of the dash and the doors, I do not have speakers in the back of the cab. Keep in mind I want to have enough working room to solder the connections to the speaker leads.

Where is the easiest place to run the power lead through the firewall, the antenna grommet?

·
Muppet Baby Member
4,261 Posts
Carroll_B said:
Just received an Infinity basslink that I plan to install in my 98 S-10 4x4 extended cab. I have the stock head and stock speakers. The basslink has RCA and line level inputs. Where is the easiest place to tap into the speaker leads? I would prefer not to have to remove the radio to get to the leads on the back. The factory speakers are only in the top of the dash and the doors, I do not have speakers in the back of the cab. Keep in mind I want to have enough working room to solder the connections to the speaker leads.

Where is the easiest place to run the power lead through the firewall, the antenna grommet?
I dunno about tapping into, But to answer your latter question, The general rule of thumb is to run power on one side of the vehicle and signals on the other, running the power cable throught the antenna grommet COULD degrade you Antenna signal. just find another section of the firewall, and poke through, and seal it up. But keep in mind, Power away from signal.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
the easiest place? if ur power needs to go to the back? run the wire along the framerail and drill a hole to come up behind where the jumpseat is if its an ex cab.....if not...passenger footwell is where to do it.

As far as tapping leads...does it just have one + and one neg? if ex cab without 3rd door there should be lil speakers up in the back, tap them...if not id just pull the pass kickpanel cuz u can get the wire there where it goes into the door.

·
Computer Geek
6,326 Posts
Liftedbronco said:
the easiest place? if ur power needs to go to the back? run the wire along the framerail and drill a hole to come up behind where the jumpseat is if its an ex cab.....
this is how i just did my power wire. i ran the 0 guage actually on the inside of the passenger side fender behind the metal in the wheelwell then down on top of the frame rail then up into the x-cab right where the jumpseat would be.

·
Registered
876 Posts
i would just tapp into the wires behind the radio and then run your rca's from there to the back. that way if u decide to get a different h/u later on the rca's will already be ran. it would be the easiest place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts