S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I doubt many if any of you will get a chance to reply to this before it happens but I took my 2k1 Blazer X to the shop today to have it lowered. 3" springs upfront, 3" block in the rear(it already sat about an 1" lower than stock due to stereo) I just need to know I won't be too low. I know I'll have to be careful driving but I don't want to scrape over little bumps. The true test is when I go to see my girl in Athens Ohio Friday at Ohio University. If any of you have been there you know what I'm talking about. I'll try and take some pics when I'm down there and get them posted. Will that make 3 Blazer X's dropped now? Mine, 98ssonnos', and I thought I saw one other person's. Any how if any of you get a chance ease my mind and reassure me I won't be too low. Thanks guys, you're better than counseling ;)

·
formally Lownoma
2,458 Posts
you can never be too low man..just think that....of course its gunna look sick as hell..with the wheels tucked in the wheel wells id imagine you'd be alright..but maybe a little scraping of your tires in the wheel wells...but i dont have a xtreme or x blazer just a ext cab sonoma..but just my .02 worth later

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well things took a turn for the worse. While my car was at the shop it was broken into. The driver side window was busted out and the driver seat was all torn up. The thieves stole my entire system. The worst part is I'm not sure if I have the receipts for all the stereo components. So in the wink of an eye I lost a couple thousand dollars. Otherwise the drop looks good except the front is still rather high. I hoping it's just because the springs haven't settled yet. Well hopefuly everything will work and the insurance company will reimburse me atleast somewhat for my system.I guess things can onyl get better from this point.:confused:

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
LowandBlazed said:
Well things took a turn for the worse. While my car was at the shop it was broken into. The driver side window was busted out and the driver seat was all torn up. The thieves stole my entire system. The worst part is I'm not sure if I have the receipts for all the stereo components. So in the wink of an eye I lost a couple thousand dollars. Otherwise the drop looks good except the front is still rather high. I hoping it's just because the springs haven't settled yet. Well hopefuly everything will work and the insurance company will reimburse me atleast somewhat for my system.I guess things can onyl get better from this point.:confused:

that sounds a lil suspicious to me. where was it parked? were other cars vandalized too?

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
MightyMouseJ5 said:

that sounds a lil suspicious to me. where was it parked? were other cars vandalized too?
that does sound a lil focked up......what did the peeps at the shop say bout it....do they not have any kinda sec. cameras 'round the lot?.....hope ya get most of it back so ya don't have to buy more sh!t to lower it that 1" :)

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
On the stereo thing!

The same sh!t happened to me a few years back. The shop guy said that his insurance didn't cover my ride while it was there and my insurance company wouldn't come up with the replacment cost for the stereo, but they did give me this piece of advise that I will pass on to you.

GO GET A LAWYER! I paid this sleezy chit-bag of a lawyer $150 and he got back every cent of the cost to make my truck right again. He even got the $150 I had to give to him back for me. And he did it with just a letter. Trust me, it will cost them much more to go to court than it will to just make you happy!

The ball is in your court!

Rick
Chesapeake, Virginia
'92 S-10 Tahoe V-6 Auto.....bone stock (for now)

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
good point man.. i know peeps that do that all the time, when the truck or car get broken into and the place that it was at didnt want to pay, they just go get a lawer and "its settled"

1 - 8 of 8 Posts