S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
AZX in PHX
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lined up with an early 90s 5.0.. He had an exhaust from what I could see and hear.. His ride was all done up clean and stuff.. Anyways we lined up.. We look at each other, look back at the light, light goes ggreen and we both gun it.. Now I suprised the **** out of myself here.. I took his ass off the line so hard!! It was crazy!! I got a car length on him on 1st. 2nd we stayed even and then he hit 3rd and started pulling on me pretty hard.. He got me by a fender at about 65-70 and then he shut down.. I still want to line up against a GT..

·
Registered
102 Posts
thats typical, i havent seen a gt 5.0 that was good off the line. They make up for it at higher speeds

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
Never saw mine...hehehehe. 1.7 60 ft time.....Nice to see you stayed w him and he wasn't an ass about it. Most of them are pretty **** off the line due to either tire spin or bad driver...gaurantee ya he was running stock 3.27's though....

·
Registered
120 Posts
most 5.0's Ive seen at the track runs around a 9.60 or so (5 speed).I had one that we put a e303 cam,injectors,and new upper and lower gt40 intake.It would run 8.30's with a 4.10 gear,fun to drive but it was a ford so it had to go

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
V8Blazer said:
most 5.0's Ive seen at the track runs around a 9.60 or so (5 speed).I had one that we put a e303 cam,injectors,and new upper and lower gt40 intake.It would run 8.30's with a 4.10 gear,fun to drive but it was a ford so it had to go
In the 1/8th!!!??

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Yeah... you posted before I had a chance to edit. It was like, damn that's fast!!!. *post* ... waiiiiiiiiiit... let me check something....(even though i know the answer...)... modded WRX my friend has.... 9.0...... okay...... FIX LAST POST... too late..! :dunno:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts