S-10 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys,
Im new here. So please bare with me. I just installed the FF dynamics kit on my 2003 2.2l. Right now i have the AC wire from the controller hooked up to the green wire on the connector. The reason i am asking is because i am unable to get the fans turned on when i turn on the AC in the truck. I am in michigan and the temp is -1 outside. Not sure if that makes a difference. I appreciate all your help.

-Isaac:)

·
Early Member
3,176 Posts
Dark Green with White stripe should be the a/c power. Wires mixed up? You need to know the amperage for the e-fan and a/c circuit. Because they may take different amperage to operate.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The instructions i recieved from FF Dynamics say to connect to the AC clutch power wire. So i attached that wire to the green wire with a white stripe. Does the cold weather have an effect on the function of the AC?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Crazy Question, but does your a/c work? I dont know exactly how the system works, so I dont know that if the clutch isn't engaging if you are getting power. I just tied mine into one of the sensors in the back. I think it was to the green wire on the top plug. Let me know and I can take a pic if you need it. When I turn on my defroster, even though it is butt freakin cold, the fans still turn on.

·
goin broke but n style
12,942 Posts
when you activate the a/c using the button on the dash, does the compressor engage?

if not as stated above, turn your vent setting to defrost and the a/c compressor will come on if everythign is ok.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Navy,
That would be great if you could take a picture.

My AC has allways worked. In fact when it was warmer outside i could turn the dial to defrost and the fans would turn on. Now when its -1 outside and i turn it to defrost the fans dont turn on. However, the AC and deforsters both work. Any ideas?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry, I was wrong. I tied into the bottom sensor. Photo's are coming!

·
Registered
310 Posts

You can see where I put my controller. Did you ever mess with the setting on the controller for when the fans come on?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have my fans coming on at around 200. So I tied mine into the wrong sensor? I used the sensor on the top of the ax clutch. Where is the sensor you used? Do yours come on no matter the weather? Remember I have a 2003, do our trucks differ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
Sorry, went to dinner. I have a 95, so it may be somewhat different, but i don't think that it would be that much...As you can see from the first pic that I put up, I tied into the bottom sensor from the back of the compressor. It has been so bleeping cold here the past couple of days, that I have not been able to hear outside of the truck past the exhaust to see if the fans have been running. Usually I notice a rise in the RPM by a couple of hundred, but I haven't recently, so it just may be too cold. This AM it was 14*. My fans were coming on at around 180*-190*. I'll be able to tell more in a couple weeks when I have moved to FL.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just wanted to give an update as to what i figured out. I put the truck into the garage on saturday and got the furnace going. Garage was at 70 degrees all day long. I started it up to move it out and also to see if the outside temperature played a role in the ac compressor turning on. Sure enough everytime i turned on the ac or the defrost the fans turn on. set the truck back outside in the cold as heck weather for the night. THis morning the fans wont turn on. So in conclusion if the compressor doesnt run the fans wont turn on; and outside temperature plays a role in that. just my .02

·
Registered
310 Posts
Glad it all got sorted out!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts