S-10 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This seems to be one of the most mentioned mods to do but I was wondering if it was possiable to run it on a switch in the cab and just turn it on when the truck comes up to temp and leave it on? I know it will shorten fan life, but by how much? Also is there a how to on a fan install without A/C?

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
just use the how to out there and skip the a/c part. the only reason the the fan has to be hooked up with the a/c to to make it run with the a/c to do the cooling over the condenser and yes you can hard wire it to a switch its easy.

·
Premium Member
1,144 Posts
This seems to be one of the most mentioned mods to do but I was wondering if it was possiable to run it on a switch in the cab and just turn it on when the truck comes up to temp and leave it on? I know it will shorten fan life, but by how much? Also is there a how to on a fan install without A/C?
why don't you go to the how to wire it up as per thermo settings and you can use the switch for an override you get the best of both.

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
NO the switch will work just fine the fan will work for it normal life.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Great, thanks for the help. Does it have to be a taurus fan? beacuse I have access to a cavalier one for free (also 2.2) as long as it fits it should be fine right?

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
wire it up to the heated O2 sensor wire in the underhood fuse box for the ign. wire. thats what i did aND IT WORKS FINE

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I wasn't sure if it would hurt the fan or not, I didn't think it would but better safe than sorry.....would kinda suck to have it crap out on a hot day no wheres near home.

·
Super Moderator
20,501 Posts
manual override switch is fine, its also used for lifted truck for water crossing as well, cavalier efan works fine and dont worry about burning out the efan, they rarely do but not for long while, wouldnt hurt to have another one though

·
7 P.S.I. is not enough
294 Posts
go to the junk yard and pick one up cheap

·
Registered
25 Posts
anyone know where the cheapest place to get a thermo fan would be? then run almost $75 on summit, I know a sensor/relay cant be that expensive.

EDIT: n/m found a flex-a-lite one for 25

1 - 16 of 16 Posts