S-10 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i had a flowmaster 50 single in/dual out with turndowns. sounded ok. i wanted to go louder. soooooo....i got a dynomax bullet. had it isntalled today, and now i have almost no exhaust tone at all. this isnt right. do i need to let the bullet break in like the flow needed. oh it is in the stock muffler location with a turndown. what gives. i hear guys saying that they are changing to a different muffler cause the dynomax is too loud. why is mine different. help please. i still have the dreaded converters. i know that makes a difference, but fock it sounds stock now. :argue:

·
Registered
6,374 Posts
the fiberglass in the dynomax will need to break in bedfore sound really comes...

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Mine got louder since I hit a rock with the Y pipe.. try that..

·
Registered
211 Posts
well i have heard some people need to let em break in, but my bullet sounded awesome the second they put it on. i dunno what to tell you. give it a few days. you'll love it soon.

·
Wyotech = October
1,356 Posts
Ohh yeah.. I forgot to mention, it will get louder once the fiberglass starts to deteriorate..

·
I cant win for loosing.
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks it is a little louder now, most of the sound is under hard acceleration, sounds good, just not quite loud enough yet. i will give it some time and see

·
old skoolin'
525 Posts
same thing happened to us tonight. buddy of mine has a 95 sonoma with the 4 cyl. and the muffler was rotting off so we hacked it two weeks ago. Well he bought a dynomax super turbo today and i welded it on for him....dang thing sounded as quiet as it did with the stock muffler. Dunno, might sound better later on but right now you cant even hear it run and his cats hollowed out and i put a turn down at the end of the muff. Just barely a deep tone at idle, and almost nothing when he revs. But i guess it sounds better than a staight pipe...lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts