S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
91 S-10 Pickup 4x4
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a super turbo inline where the stock muffler was with same piping route. The damn thing is still quiet like the stock pipe ( I mean no grumble @ all anywhere in RPM band!!) Will moving the muffler further from the C/C and back closer to the tip make it any louder? I really don't feel like hollowing out my cat because i really dont feel like it taking off the rusty bolts. I would take it off and put in a turndown but Pennsylvania prohibits both choice paths. Last question is since I put it on today it really smells like something is burning so I was wondering if the packed insulation is burning away making maybe someday louder? Thank You.

·
The Blue Pwns Joo!
1,901 Posts

·
Early Member
3,121 Posts
The smell maybe from a coating that placed of the muffler from the manufactor. I am surprised that this turned out to be a quiet system, I have the same muffler on my Mustang and it is loud.

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
^^^ROFL^^^ its fun ta do aint it.i have a cherry bomb turbo muff and no cat with a turndown, at idle and right around the driving range it sounds great but when i step on it it sounds like i pissed off bees....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts