S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Truckin' on a budget
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking i would just double dynomat everything in my truck but i was thinking of doing the sprayin stuff in my doors to keep thinks from rattling in there. Is this stuff better than dynomat. Or should i just dynomat the whole thing. I was thinking it was cheaper but couldnt figure out how much i needed and how much it would cost to do both doors. does anyone know any cheap places to buy this stuff

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
just dont buy dynamat. go to lowes, and get some peel 'n seal.

·
12,507 Posts
yeah, its what im going to use when i do my car, the price of dynamat is crazy, and you can get a lot of other things for a lot cheaper. there was a thread a while back with a lot of links to sound deadener websites, you might try a search and see what you find. um, fatmat, peel 'n seal, brown bread, and a few other things work as well, if not better, and are cheaper than dynamat.

·
BARELY Tuckin' Tire
5,862 Posts
use b-quiet xtreme...same stuff as dynomat w/o the pretty blue letters...trust me..i used 3 layers in my 1st gen when running 2 15" and 1300 watts. and not a one rattle.

www.b-quiet.com

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I covered my doors w/ peel n seel and it did an AWSOME job. I got it at lowes for $12.95. I've only seen the stuff at Lowes and at Ace Hardware (the larger ones), so Home Depot may not carry it.

I gotta say that I love the stuff. It's stiffened up the thin ass door metal nicely. I'm going to be putting on a couple more layers on the doors and then I'm going to do the rear wall.

·
12,507 Posts
im doing 2 or 3 layers in the trunk, one layer on the floor under the carpet, and one layer in all 4 doors. if i need more, ill get it when i can afford it. how big is the roll?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Off the top of my head, I can't remember. The stuff is made by a company called Pace.............something lol. I would say the roll is a good 10in in diameter and around 8in high. It has a paper label around it that's blue white and silver.

Sorry I'm not too much of a help here, but I don't have the rolls w/ me because I'm home for the christmas holidays and the rolls didn't follow me home.

·
12,507 Posts
how much area does one roll usually cover?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Well I covered pretty much two doors (one layer each) with one roll.

·
12,507 Posts
ah damn...ill need about 10 rolls then.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
lol man, if I were you I'd buy 5 and see how much you can do w/ that. Then go buy more accordingly.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yeah, the Peel 'n Seal stuff works EXACTLY like dynomat xtreme (just no neato dynomat Xtreme logos all over it). It's also extremely cheap for the amount that you get. It's easy to work with due to the width of the rolls. I don't see a single problem with the stuff.

Oh and to those who say "It makes your car smell like asphault": :tony: . It didn't smell for a second in my truck, even on the hottest days down in Savannah, Ga. Anyone who's been to Savannah in the summertime can tell you it's one hot bitch out there.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts