S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Mods in the signature, I had three pulls, this was a Dyno Day, there were alot of muscle cars, I was the ONLY truck there, out of like 25 vehicles. Sad but true.........the two large torque number on the sheet that are over 303 are just bursts into gear when it downshifted after I floored it. The true numbers are 171.4 HP, and 303.0 Tq. Pretty amazing what loads of bolt ons will do, and I still have stock headers and stock y-pipe! Please post your comments!

Attachments

·
StraightEdge
503 Posts
looks good... my 4.3 probably doesn't put out 1/2 that...lol

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Man I cant believe your over 300 torque, how'd you manage that? And its a pretty flat curve until like 3300rpm. Very impressive.

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
How the shit do you have 300lb ft of torque?

·
CHEVROLET COUNTRY \/6
560 Posts
yeah that is a little odd 170 hp qne 300 pounds of torque when factory is 190 hp and 265 pounds of torque so on the chassie dyno it goes down 20 hp and up 35 pounds of torque. interesting.

·
Registered
354 Posts
The hp numbers sounds good but the torque seem too much .

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
zYgoTe said:
How the shit do you have 300lb ft of torque?
Man I wish I knew! But it really doesnt matter to me, I went there with no expectations whatsoever, I quit moddin my truck back last spring, I just could care less. But I know, that torque number really impressed me too, and made it almost unbelievable! But the dyno seems fairly accurate, like for example, there was a stock S2000 that put out 200 HP and 138 Tq........and the flywheel rating is 240 HP and 150 Tq......believable.

·
2nd place is the1st loser
238 Posts
Im not doubting the results.It just seems unlikely to have that much of a gain in torque.But its all good in the funny papers.

·
Road Race/Auto X S10
3,828 Posts
I dunno, I'm not saying their not true but 171hp and 303tq that really is unbeleivable. Was it like that for all the runs?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
good numbers! i think I may know why your tq is so high.. What gear did they dyno in? If you have a 4 speed aod they should have dynoed it in 3 or D. The problem with dynoing it D is you will hit the speed limiter (unless it was removed with the reflash). Good numbers again!

·
Registered
67 Posts
damn, this makes me want to get rid of my 95' and get a 96' or newer. its just that i've already put so much of my money and my love into my truck, i cant bear to see it go.

·
I Am Canadian!
1,194 Posts
I can believe those numbers...given that he has no torque management!! My truck dynoed at 164 and 209ft/lbs so another 100 in torque might be a bit of a stretch but he was probably dynoed on a dynojet and the numbers are always higher over a mustang like I was dynoed on...in the spring I am going on a dynojet so we will have something to compare to

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
I also just relooked at the graph and they started the pull at low rpms, which explains the torque being so high. The torque converter is doing its job. multiplying torque :thumbup:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
97SE-R said:
good numbers! i think I may know why your tq is so high.. What gear did they dyno in? If you have a 4 speed aod they should have dynoed it in 3 or D. The problem with dynoing it D is you will hit the speed limiter (unless it was removed with the reflash). Good numbers again!
Yep, it was dynoed in 3rd. I came out of it at 5600-5700 RPMS although it doesnt show it on the graph. It was a Dynojet also. I prolly did 120 MPH on the Dyno.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
96s10 said:
I dunno, I'm not saying their not true but 171hp and 303tq that really is unbeleivable. Was it like that for all the runs?
Yes, all three runs were consistent.

·
Registered
263 Posts
PM me and let me knoe about how much it cost you to do those mods, I plan on pulling three quads, so I want the flat torque.

·
Clean N' Dark
1,921 Posts
Remember guys, these are @ the wheel horsepower numbers.

The stock 190/265 numbers people are stating are at the flywheel I believe.

Impressive, very impressive.

A dyno is a dyno, you can't doubt the results, the proof is right there.

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Thats awesome, if he can pull those torque numbers by getting rid of torque management, I should be able to do really good too with no computer and a shift kit in the tranny.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
someone else just posted a "stock" dyno and had like 166 rwhp...it is like a few posts down (if this is on top) and hes got stock dyno number...im not arguing either way just kinda lost on how one can be stock and have 166 and one be nicely modded and have 171 rwhp

1 - 20 of 41 Posts