S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Went to the Dyno shop. My first run was 222rwhp and my third was 223rwhp. I kept retarding the timing because i thought my engine is gonna blow up. My 3rd run i did less timing retard and i got 234rwhp. When i went to the track last week and ran 15.88ET, i had less timing retard than any of the 3 runs i did at the dyno shop.

All 3 runs i peaked at 10psi of boost!
Max. HP = 234.1
MAX. Trq = 277.7
Mods are listed in my sig.

The guy at the dyno shop said im running too lean when he floors it at first but it richens out throughout the run. So am i running too lean or too rich?
At peak HP, i have 11.3:1 air/fuel ratio
When he floors it at 70mph, my air/fuel ratio is 14.8:1

I dynoed last year at 158 rwhp with 206 trq. when my mods were JBA headers, EGR restrictor mod, TB restrictor plate mod, Flowmaster 40 with stock y-pipe, HyperTech Prog. III, 170t-stat, AirRaid Intake , Flex a lite Elec.-Fan, poweraid TB spacer.

Image uploading. Refresh page to view

This chart shows what my air/fuel ratio is at every 100rpm increment.

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
After i got off teh dyno, another vortech s/c with and aftercooler on a firebird w56 came in. I was in teh car when the guy dynoed it. 534rwhp :) That thing was a monster!

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
Going from 158 all motor to 234 with the supercharger, you can't ask for anymore than that can you? That seems like a substancial gain to me. You just cant feel it at the track, with better conditions you would be high 14's most likely.

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
97S10SS said:
Going from 158 all motor to 234 with the supercharger, you can't ask for anymore than that can you? That seems like a substancial gain to me. You just cant feel it at the track, with better conditions you would be high 14's most likely.
When i dynoed at 158rwhp i had these mods done. JBA headers, EGR restrictor mod, TB restrictor plate mod, Flowmaster 40 with stock y-pipe and exhaust piping, HyperTech Prog. III, 170t-stat, AirRaid Intake , Flex a lite Elec.-Fan, poweraid TB spacer.
So it was with a few mods.

when i dynoed 234, it was all the mods in my sig. I still think it should have been more though.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I think 76 rwhp gain is great

later

·
Registered
354 Posts
I have 224 rwhp / 288 rwtq NA with 9.2:1 compresion with heads and cam package . So an blower should give more than heads and cam . But maybe because he don't have intercooler it may be low , i don't know . Well his torque is realy low . I have more torque NA .
c-ya

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
99Xtreme_lover said:
I have 224 rwhp / 288 rwtq NA with 9.2:1 compresion with heads and cam package . So an blower should give more than heads and cam . But maybe because he don't have intercooler it may be low , i don't know . Well his torque is realy low . I have more torque NA .
c-ya
weird, maybe i need heads and cam too :censor:

·
Registered
354 Posts
liftmys10 , don't feel bad . I''m sure your tune is way off . Everything is in the tune . See , when i first came to the dyno to test the new heads/cam intake combo it only made around 180rwhp and after some tweaking in the dfi and after 25 dyno pulls in one day i got 224 rwhp . And the dyno guy said i could got 240 rwhp with even more tuning . The timing was at only 30 degrees . Most smallblock with this combination low compresion runs around 36 degrees of timing .
c-ya

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
99Xtreme_lover said:
liftmys10 , don't feel bad . I''m sure your tune is way off . Everything is in the tune . See , when i first came to the dyno to test the new heads/cam intake combo it only made around 180rwhp and after some tweaking in the dfi and after 25 dyno pulls in one day i got 224 rwhp . And the dyno guy said i could got 240 rwhp with even more tuning . The timing was at only 30 degrees . Most smallblock with this combination low compresion runs around 36 degrees of timing .
c-ya
yeah it does need to be tuned. Im running too rich. Was it hard to put a cam on?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well , we pulled the motor to put the cam . Some people can do it without pulling the motor . With the motor out is an piece of cake .
c-ya

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
AVTekk said:
You can do the cam in the truck, just pull the front end off..
as in radiator support?

·
Un-Blown Fake ZQ8
3,401 Posts
mkm said:
I think 76 rwhp gain is great
later
I agree. Shawn and I ran against each other a few times the other night. His truck is fast, he's just being lame. Off the line his 1 wheel peel/narrow tire is definetly killing him.. (even if he doesnt think so)

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
s10rz350 said:
I agree. Shawn and I ran against each other a few times the other night. His truck is fast, he's just being lame. Off the line his 1 wheel peel/narrow tire is definetly killing him.. (even if he doesnt think so)
well its not fast at the track :) We still need to run officially!

·
Vortech power not Vtec!
957 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

This chart shows what my air/fuel ratio is at every 100rpm increment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts