S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought some of this paint and was wondering when i use it on my dash should i just wash it down and spray it like the can says or should i get some adhesion promoter first? I sprayed it on my glove box door already and it looks sweet, just wondering how it will hold up, thanks

·
The way of all flesh
10,782 Posts
i just used the vinyl and fabric paint,(same stuff you used?), i used it on my console, i just wiped it down real good and sprayed about 4 LITE coats on there. i think it came out good

·
SUBSONIC KUSTOMZ
556 Posts
i used the automotive paint but i also sanded down my bezel smooth. I've heard good about the interior stuff but prefer the smooth look.

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
hey let me know how well that paint holds up on your arm rest. I am curious if it will rub off.
well if its a 1st gen... its not gonna stick as well... i used it on my 1st gen and it ran off and fish eyed like crazy and thats after i cleaned the hell out of it....

·
Better post-em.
11,303 Posts
i used Krylon fusion paint. its supposed to chemically bond to all sorts of plastic. i painted my cars door pannels with it by just washing it real good with dish soap and rinsed to get it all off. i used a somewhat stiff scrub brush in the groves to get all dirt off. i must say theyve held up suprisingly well.

·
NOT DONE TO MANY PROBLEMS
1,566 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well i haven't had problems on my first gen. I did the door pillars and glove box. I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and soap and water. Then after it was dry ran over it with some wax and grease remover i use for the exterior paint on the car. No fish eying or anything.

·
I Have A S-10 Addiction
1,595 Posts
well i haven't had problems on my first gen. I did the door pillars and glove box. I scrubbed it with a toothbrush and soap and water. Then after it was dry ran over it with some wax and grease remover i use for the exterior paint on the car. No fish eying or anything.
i've done the same... steel wool and grease remover... no luck... there must be some shit on this interior im not seeing....

but im using dupont interior spray... i think im gonna sand these things down and use automotive grade paint soo i can clear it and all when im finished....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts