S-10 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was curious, do you guys run a tube a certain lenght after your dump valves? I mean, if you don't put anything after your dumps, couldn't drit and crap like that get in there and maybe block you valve from fully closing? I was thinking of just running about couple of feet of hose after the dumps but wanted to make sure of how everone was going about this...

Thanks.

·
I <3 SPARKS
7,977 Posts
I dont run anything after my dumps.. my valves are on my tank though. You could if you wanted. It's definately not gonna hurt anything.

·
14,970 Posts
If you run SMC valves it is recomended to run a short piece of line off of them(6") to provide some back pressue..otherwise they can stick open.

·
can i video tape you?
2,360 Posts
mine stick on the blazer when i have a full load of ppl in it...i need to add some line on the dumps, it gets scary when a corner will air out on the freeway when i'm tryin to get to a good ride height. :D

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Wouldn't that be considered forward pressure??? :p

Anyway... its up to you... you should at least stick an elbow fitting on the end of the valve, to provide a lil turbulance for the air so the valve acts as it should. I know when I redo my valves, I'm gonna run some 3/8" line from the dumps to right behind the grille :D

·
Oh, yea...
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Man, thanks for all the info guys! I guess I'll run about a foot of line just to be on the safe side. Oh and no, I think it is "back pressure". It's the same concept as your exhaust. Ever try running an engine with no headers? Not cool...

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
I have my vavles in the bed under the tonneau, so I don't have to worry about crud, but I have 1/4 inch reducers in them cause they are way to fast.

·
Registered
13,733 Posts
Think about it... whats behind the fill valve??? the tank... the back pressure... at the IN side of the valve.... Now where is the IN side of the valve on the dump valve.... towards the bag, so anything coming out of the dump valve, is forward of the dump valve, hence, forward pressure.

·
I'm poor
1,665 Posts
I look at it the other way. anything after the valve is holding pressure back against it, hence back pressure. the tank is pushing pressure toward the vavle.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts