S-10 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey i have a friend that swears up and dow. That they did make an ss appearance 4cyl package. I say hes wrong but hey ive been wrong before, but pretty sure im not wrong on this. From all we know of all the info there is there wernt but please correct me if im wrong or reassure me if im right.

·
Premium Member
2,617 Posts
SS trucks were never available with a 4cyl. You could still get a 4cyl truck with the ZQ8 package though.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
I have never seen a 4 cylinder SS that is the exact reason I was Pissed of at chevy for making a 4 cylinder Xtreme, that isn't Xtreme to me for the $$$$...

·
Oasis Customs
6,851 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea from all the info i had ever seen there was never a 4cyl ss appearance package. Not really sure where he thought that. I did see someone on cl trying to sell a 4cyl as an ss

·
Static Addict
562 Posts

·
Static Addict
562 Posts
That's not an SS , that's a dealer add on at best

Gm never made a 4cyl SS but they did make 4cyl Xtremes
I did say it was just stickers on the box! I've seen many up here.

·
Registered Hoosier
4,671 Posts
My 95 had the SS badges on it when I bought it. I faked the SS center caps, and added the SS grill. Also lowered 2-2" to give it the zq8 appearance . It was a 2.2 5 speed. Always wanted a nice white one.

·
Passwordistaco
5,864 Posts
my understanding SS models were 94-96. All same drive train. 3 colors black Red, or white
and all were automatics...460L[/QUOTE

They were made from 94-98. :)

·
B4U Task Force Admin
25,252 Posts
My 95 had the SS badges on it when I bought it. I faked the SS center caps, and added the SS grill. Also lowered 2-2" to give it the zq8 appearance . It was a 2.2 5 speed. Always wanted a nice white one.
Shame, shame, shame...:haha:

·
Registered Hoosier
4,671 Posts
My neighbor has a red one in his garage that I would like to talk him out of, but white is still first choice.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts