S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Newbie for Life
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 4X4 is not working and I ordered a switch because I heard that was usually the problem, but I have no idea where it is located. Is it near the middle all the way underneath, or is it in the engine bay? I really feel like a jackass, but I am trying to fix it myself to save $.

·
Newbie for Life
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
OK I have located the case and changed the switch I had, but I am still not getting 4WD. I can hear it click once I press the button, but the shaft isn't turning any......any ideas?

·
Newbie for Life
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am looking at it right now. It really doesn't help much on the troubleshooting end.

·
Newbie for Life
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If it was a vacuum line then would it cause the shaft not to turn? I have read many threads, but all of the say that their shaft is still moving....I am hoping its not something too serious.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
might be the encoder motor ($$$) thats gone...the vacuum lines work, but the t-case just wont go into 4wd. have you tried going into 4lo, too?

·
Newbie for Life
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
low doesn't work either. All I can get is 2wd, it lights up and everything and the relay clicks, but no 4wd. I think I might just bite the bullet and take it to the dealer. I know they will charge at least $70 just to diagnose it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts