S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have a few exhaust questions concerning my '02 ZQ8 Sonoma Ext. Cab with the 4.3L Vortec.

Is the gains of a dual exhaust system worth the trouble?

Is there a huge loss of low end torque with the Vortec?

Else, how would I get rid of the resonator on the factory exhaust to do a catback? I'm concerned that the resonator will take away from the sound.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
what gains? unless you do some major mods dualies will make you lose back pressure then you lose low end torque. i would just run single out with dual tips. duals make you're truck sound mean but you mite backfire once in awhile. im not real big on sound as long as it doesnt sound like crap, more of a performance kinda guy i guess.

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
single to dual mufflers are fine as long as the piping aint too big

·
The Dave Inc.
11,720 Posts
resonator? only things i see when i look at my exh is precat, cat, muffler...

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Precat huh? I was told it was a resonator when I asked on alt.autos.gm.

Either way, Remove? Yes/No?

:02redxbla

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
if you want it to be hella illegal go ahead. mite get a ticket for noise polluton

·
Registered
2,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can see the emissions problem. But it's not like I'm running straight pipes so why would noise be problem?
:wtf:

·
Black SS
5,869 Posts
You wont get a noise ticket for removing a pre-cat. Remove the precat and your just like a older stock S10, I have a stock cat on mine, it might be a little bigger since the new years have 2 small cats. :dunno: I've heard exhaust on ricers from a mile away at night, and they werent even on the throttle.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts