Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Single Exhaust

Votes: 11 57.9%
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay thanks to all the input on my exhaust poll, i have decided to get the 40 series original flow. My question now is... i want to get the most bang for my but, i want really to gain power and sound, but i would also like it to look good. Should i go duals or single?

·
2 Litre Terror
1,964 Posts
For the best of both worlds run a 2 1/2 inch single to a dual out muffler. gives you the look of duals without the drop in torque. If I can find the pic of my truck I posted I'll show ya. It's a blazer but the outcome will look similiar

·
Self Portrait
1,632 Posts
Personally, I don't want to see any part of the exhause system. So I say do what is best for performance and make the exit(s) just under theroll pan so no one has to look at the exhaust.

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
hell guys..I am going to run single on my V8...and I also don't wanna see any of it!

Im gonna run 3" single w/ 40series and turndown at the axle.:finger:

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
this is what i went with.... i knew that the single would give a lil more HP if any so this is what i did.....the single goes to the pass. side and just has another pipe added to it that goes to the driver's side.....i was kinda worried that the flow would be more toward the pass. side but seems to be even out both sides.....the pics kinda explain it and two show what they look like
http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000023881/1000023881_52200221020PM0.5435864

http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000023881/1000023881_52200221020PM0.635235

http://imagem.webphotos.iwon.com/1000023881/1000023881_115200291600PM0.4463552

i have some pics that are alot better but i've been too lazy to get em developed and too broke to get a dig....hope this helps a lil tho

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
For power, single to single muffler, then do a y-pipe if you want the sound of duals... in short, exhaust setup like mine!! :D

·
mmmm beer.
263 Posts
Does something like that void the warranty???

·
Fever for the Flava
444 Posts
right now im riding around with no muffler at all, i took it off yesterday to put on a 40 series single flow, but i like it without a muffler, good sound yet not as loud as u would expect, i might ride around with it off for a while. lol

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have 2 1/2 from the cat to the muffler and a dual 2 1/2 pipes from the muffler and havent lost torque, also my cat is hollowed out and the thing still passes inspection so its pretty near impossible to get caught....

·
Registered
12 Posts
I was real lucky to have the resources I did to get mine done. A good buddy started moonlighting at a muffler shop back in 97. We worked one night for a few hours on my exahust. Torched out the CAT and the muffler, Y'd it out to duals ending in 45 degs underneath the rear bumper. Top of the line supplies, top of the line work, cost? 1/2 case Budwieser + $50!

Now it is ready to be replaced. Too bad, because he doesn't work there anymore! Taking it to a new shop next week, I think I am going to get them to turn down behind the rear tires. I'll post pics when I get it done...

·
Registered
153 Posts
i'm lookin into a cat-back system... but is there any diff between single and duel outlet... also, what is the best i could get....i was lookin into gibson... or flowmaster 40... but, i don't know which one is better quality, and i want good performance, and good sound, but not louad and obnocius...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
i agree with the guys that dont want it seen at all if i wanted duals i'd of bought a mustang,...its easy to make a sten look goofy with dual exhaust but if done right it looks pretty good...i have still yet to hear one i like tho....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts