S-10 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have such a chubber right now... I can't wait to fire her up and drive into town and race my buddy's Edge again. I hope I win.
:evilg:

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
:woah: :werd: :evilg:

I've seen some fast Edge pickups, but with duals you should be able to win, good luck :D

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Damn! He still beats me!! :barf::wtf:
He just got "Lightning Style" exhaust with a Flowmaster 40 Delta w/duals on. Mine's more agressive, but his takes the cake on volume.. Man our trucks sound sweet!:thumbup:

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
B.S

Damn! He still beats me!!
Correction..... Bowtie's EDGE and my SS have not raced yet! That is to come this weekend (hopefully) He cracked my file and posted that previous thread. I will post results.

:sheep:

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
:lol: Good Luck.....!!! :thumbup:

... There's an Edge up here I'd like a piece of.... Very very quick

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sweet

My duals look awsome!! I have a very good feeling about the race this weekend because I was a very bad boy today and I bought the whole K&N filter F I P Kit. This was a very good investment. I noticed the power gain right away! With the duals and the kit my truck sounds awsome. Don't worry I am working on some pics.

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
:wtf:

Well I'll get right to the point I lost. The problem now is not a lack of power but a lack of traction. My wheels spun for the first 10 feet of the race and by that point it was all over. We did it again and I didn't give it as much gas but I still was too light in the rear end. I guess I am going to have to get either stickier tires and, or tracktion bars. The EDGE driver just bought the K&N F I P kit aswell so I will have to keep doing Mods untill I can get that S.O.B

He did the smart thing by not rubbing the win in my face because I was not to happy with my SS that night! :cuss:

Good race Nick! I hope to do it again soon.

:sheep: :booty: :eek:

·
WRX Style
368 Posts
Traction bars, don't work, don't get them... Mine didn't even fit, and for wheel slip like that, they won't help (unless your wheels are jumping off the line..?) ---------------- Posi conversion to fix it... :(

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
don't tell him the mods you are doing, just keep making your truck faster and then you will smoke him when he is expecting the same truck.

·
I'd Rather be Blown than Injected
251 Posts
96SS, Sorry about the loss. Try some better rear tires, Something
a little wider and softer compound.

·
Rice Eating Machine!!!
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks

Thanks for the tip on the traction bars I did some research on them and your right they are mainly for axle hop not tire slipping. I am going to save a bit more cash and hopefully put in a Shift kit and a Chip. Then I will beat him. I think my priority is the shift kit because I think I have the power to beat him but a combination of the tires and the tranny are holding me back. Thanks for all of the tips guys!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts