S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm looking at running dual outlets on my 02 s-10 4.3 extended cab

anyone know the lengths and bends required to do cat back single to a dual out muffler, with dual side tips?

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
i would reccommend single out with dual tip. some ppl say the vortec dont produce enough back pressure unless you go 2.25 in/2 inch dual out

·
32,797 Posts
scourge_s10 said:
i'm looking at running dual outlets on my 02 s-10 4.3 extended cab

anyone know the lengths and bends required to do cat back single to a dual out muffler, with dual side tips?
There's no specific #'s. Many people run their pipes differently.

·
Registered
211 Posts
yeah...with s10S AND BLAZERS it is almost always a custom job (not always). it took over 4 hours to get all the pipes worked out for my 2 door blazer. it all depends on how you are wanting to run your pipes.

·
3,255 Posts
i've been thinking of driving over to my local muffler man and having them take a look at seeing if they can run a dual exhaust, not a true dual, 2.5 in dual 2.5 out and have them exit out of the sides before the rear tires. You guys think this would hurt back pressure? Also do you think they will say no way?

·
Registered
563 Posts
I'm not sure it would be a good idea to do 2.5in / 2.5 out. Ive got a flowmaster with 2inch dual pipes coming out with chrome tips, it sounds so damn good when i swamp it, but real quiet and mellow under 2grand, and after 3grand it starts getting mean!

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I did my catback duals I had it done 2-1/4 in and dual 2-1/4 out with it dumped just before my rear bumper. If you have a spare tire on then the exhaust shop will have to spend some extra time working on the layout, but if you take your spare out and put in the bed they will have no problems with routing the system.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i did 3" in/dual 2.5" out, i KNOW, i had it done before i read all the exhaust stuff on S-10's. ive heard the exhaust exiting in front of the wheels can screw them up due to the corrossive nature of exhaust. i had the tips run out at the very ends of the bumpers, so i could still get my spare out.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
digital_xtreme said:
i've been thinking of driving over to my local muffler man and having them take a look at seeing if they can run a dual exhaust, not a true dual, 2.5 in dual 2.5 out and have them exit out of the sides before the rear tires. You guys think this would hurt back pressure? Also do you think they will say no way?
This setup would be awesome and I would already have it if it were possible, but unfortunately the gas tank is in the way. Also, the way the leaf spring mounts are on the frame puts them basically right in the way of routing the exhaust close enough to the tire. I have seen it done on 1 side but it just doesn't tuck up close enough for me, but I have seen an extreme like yours with a Lightning style exhaust out the right side and it did look awesome, the ground effects made up for the gap between the body and the pipes so it looked great. But, as for the size you selected, that would be a perfect size for a dual out setup.

I am not sure why some people are so afraid of running pipes bigger than 2" out of the muffler, you are not going to lose anything at all by running 2.5" pipes out from the muffler. I had a 2.5 inch in/2.5 dual out on my 92 2.8 5spd, best mod I ever did to that truck, sounded awesome and I only stood to gain some hp, not lose any. I would not hesitate to have a 3 in/2.5 out setup put on my 4.3L truck, but really there is no reason for the 3 inch in when the stock pipe size after the y pipe is 2.5. Bottom line, 2.5 inch in any configuration is perfect for the 4.3, single or dual out.

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
2.5 in/dual 2.25 out i like more because it gives better low end torque. the setup you have should be pretty good all around.

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
TruStinger said:
2.5 in/dual 2.25 out i like more because it gives better low end torque. the setup you have should be pretty good all around.
I'd say were talking a difference of about .5 lb ft of torque 2.25" vs. 2.5"

·
Registered
211 Posts
he has a 2 door blazer.....his gas tank is not in the way...it's all the way in the back

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
isnt it illegal to have turndowns on a Blazer? cuz im getting a 2 door and if its not, i know what ill be getting when college lets out...

·
Gaaoooooo
13,572 Posts
SWTexasBLAZER said:
he has a 2 door blazer.....his gas tank is not in the way...it's all the way in the back
Can't tell whether it is an xtreme s10 or xtreme blazer from his avatar. Didn't know 2nd gen 2dr blazer's had the gas tank in the back, I know 1st gen 2drs have them on the drivers side before the rearend.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts