S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i have a 2001 s10 4.3l auto. i wanna get dual exhuast, i dono if i wanna go with flowmaster or magna flow or what. ne one have there opinions, what kinda specs should i get and what series and all that. i dont want it like rea loud but not real quiet, something with a nice rumble to it tho.

·
footbraker
1,236 Posts
Everyone says to stay away from duals with the 4.3 motor or to use no larger than 2" pipe. Check out some of the other threads in this topic. Basically the loss of backpressure causes the motor to lose power.

·
What next??
1,460 Posts
my opinion is stay with a single, not duals..i went from stock, to duals (twice), and now im with a single in/single out ravin..soooo much better the duals..but thats just my experience/opinion..everyone has their own

·
S-Clusive's Jester
3,085 Posts
if you must do duals. go 2.25 single in/dual 2inch outs. single muffler!! if you run true duals it will be murder. i myself would get a ravin/magnaflow/borla and then do single in/single out with a dual tip.

·
Project: Sabriel
12,507 Posts
i had a 3" in dual 2.5" out and no performance loss; however, i think most people lose power when they go with duals that big. you can get a dual out muffler like these guys are talking about, best way to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts