S-10 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am seeking advice on a dual exhaust system for my 96 4.3 Ext cab S-10. I have it lowered 5/6 and the pipe from the left side (drivers side) that crosses over to the Y pipe hangs too low. It scrapes a lot and I know sooner or later it will get caught and ripped off. So my question is: who makes a custom dual exhaust for my truck? I want it to run along the tranny up high and dump right before the axle. I am also considering a custom bent exhaust but I know that'll cost me. Also any muffler advice would be appreciated. I want a deep sound but not too loud. Also I have to have a cat here in PA.

As an anternative, I was thinking if there was a way I could just make the crossover pipe farther back where I can make it go up higher. What is everyone's thoughts on this?

·
32,797 Posts
I don't think anyone makes a bolt-on dual exhuast system. But any GOOD muffler should be able to look under your truck and let you know the best way to run the pipes. Having the pipes custom bent is not as expensive as it sounds. It's really easy if you have the bending machine, cutters and welding materials, which a muffler shop will have. The shop I used said it'll be under $150 for a Magnaflow with a duals. That includes all labor, 2 chrome tips, the Magnaflow muffler, all the hangers and piping and lifetime warranty on the work. . I might be getting a discount because I've been a long time customer.

As for the cross-over pipe, maybe the muffler guy can cut it right after it bolts to the exhuast manifold(or headers) and weld new piping the way you want it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
whyyy?

you do not want true dual exhaust for a 4.3, best i can say to do is to get aftermarket headers, and custom bent exhaust, if you want dual exits, get a 1 in, 2 out muffler, but the 4.3 wont have enuff backpressure with true duals

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The only reason I was considering duals was for clearance. But I can have a custom made Y-Pipe farther back that should work. It will be all custom from the headers back. I just have to decide on which cat and muffler I want.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.