S-10 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know how to do a drum to disc conversion on a rearend?companies that sell kits or maybe i can use parts off a newer rearend

·
Show Me Dem Titties
146 Posts
I have been told that the easiest way to do it is get a camero rearend and it will fit right up all you have to do is get camero offset wheels for the back and if you get one with a limited slip already inplace you're all set

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
I heard u could use a blazer rearend that has discs on it and it will bolt right up. Not sure if u have to get it shortened or not. Not sure though probly would have to check.

·
weatherman
2,159 Posts
take the discs off a blazer rear. the ls1 brakes will work but you'll need to do a little work to get them on. do a search and you'll find a thread about ls1 brakes. i'm too lazy to look it up right now. also, you'll need at least 16" rims to run the ls1 brakes.

·
Registered
76 Posts
i have a complete rear disk set up off a 98 2 wd blazer
(disk brake parts only not the rear end)
i plan to install on my 93 s-10 2 wd truck in a week or so.
i was told this set up will work on my 93 1st gen.
hope it works out, i will post back when i get it installed.

·
chief one
80 Posts
I did the blazer disc conversion on my truck. It all bolts right up but you will have to make a new e brake cable to hook up the e brake. You also have to slide the axels out so you can get the backing plate thing off and put the new one on. ( sorry i dont know the exact name for it ) I hope this helps you

1 - 7 of 7 Posts