S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
rox
9,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next week I am going to be installing spindles springs and blocks on my 99. I would appreciate any tips you may have on how to do this. What tools will I have to rent/borrow? What tricks will make it go smoother? How do I keep a spring from hitting me in the head?

Thanks

Bryan

·
Visual-Insanity.org
249 Posts
There is are some installation pictures on the tech forum... i belive there are complete directions...

·
Project ZO6 S-10
588 Posts
get a ball joint seperator from trak, autozone, or pep boys $10 that will make the spindles much easier. make sure to check the u-bolts after a while to make sure they are tight.

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
i suggest you be carefull with the ball joint separator. if you're not gentle you might damage your balljoint rubber boot. if you rip the boot, you're gonna have problem keeping the grease in the balljoint... causes premature wear. just use a ballpeen hammer and tap your spindle and a-arm loose. and dont forget to leave the castlenut on while your hammering so nothing jumps out on you.

and to be safe, loop a chain though your coil and lower a-arm when you're realeasing the tension off the spring. then link the chain with a nut and a bolt. gettin hit in the chest with a spring is no fun.

good luck.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts