S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just curious for you guys who have dropped your trucks with springs/spindels if your trucks handling has been affected (negatively)? Everyone keeps telling me not to lower my truck because if the factory suspension. I wanted 3/4 but Les schaub ony has 2/2 for the x. I just dont know who to trust. Thanks for the input. Jered

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
2/3 drop w/spindles and blocks. Mine handles better than it did stock. :thumbup:

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey zigote do you have any pics? Does anyone know if les schaub will do the install if you bring the parts? Thanks again Jered

·
A Constant Work in Progress
1,088 Posts
zYgoTe said:
2/3 drop w/spindles and blocks. Mine handles better than it did stock. :thumbup:
same here.....i have a few pix on my site but they don't show anything great....if ya wait a few days i'll have some great shots of the truck on here....the ride is great....just be sure to cut the bump stop...there is a thread (i think it's in this forum and is a sticky) that shows how to do it....it's not too low but ya def. notice a difference...let us know how it goes.....late

·
xtreme nutcase
487 Posts
just be carefull when your cut your bumpstops. check for clearance before you do. i cut mine and my xhaust pipes are beating the hell out of my parking cable, and it's getting pretty close to the rear brake lines.

i had to move lines, then it was fine.

·
1,088 Posts
here ya go...there are some others on my site but for some reason when i upload em they get darker.....but maybe you can get some idea of what the 2/3 drop looks like

well the pix aren't showing up so ya will need to give the "www" a click....late

·
1,088 Posts
ok...here is a front angle shot....should be able to get an idea of what the 2/3 drop is like

Attachments

·
1,088 Posts
back angle

Attachments

·
2.2 Courtesy of Rascal
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks that helps a lot, oh and very sweet truck. The drop is just what I am looking for. Now I just need to find a shop that will do the drop. Thanks again

·
Registered
13,578 Posts
smoken00xtrme said:
thanks that helps a lot, oh and very sweet truck. The drop is just what I am looking for. Now I just need to find a shop that will do the drop. Thanks again
Do it yourself. :D

·
1,088 Posts
yeah...if ya know enough ya could do it yourself...the instructiuons that come with the spindles are pretty easy to follow.....the blocks are a no brainer.......have someone there with ya to help and ya shouldn't have too much trouble....late

·
295 Posts
yeah, i'm going to be doing my 2/2 additional drop on my zq8 as soon as i quit getting speeding tickets... damned ohio state patrol... the only thing that i'm somewhat concerned about is the whole spring compression step to remove and add the spindles... i have a coil spring compressor, but i'm just not happy/comfortable with it. oh well... :)

·
Primer Spots
3,713 Posts
keep a jack under the lower control arm, it will also help poping the ball joints in. The truck will handle great with the 2/3 I noticed a big improvement or maybe I just swing turns harder now that I know i can, even with the x cab feel like a heavy sports car.

·
295 Posts
okay, it must have been because i was reading a tutorial on dropping a stock s-10. :) they didn't already have the dropped coils installed. woops. :) well that makes it easier... about how long did it take any of you to do your spindles? what's this about cutting brackets?

·
295 Posts
oh by the way, 98 SS ON NOS, just wanted to say that you have a sweet a$$ ride and your web site was extremely helpful and interesting... i do have one question though, where did you get your ZQ8 wheels polished up and what the hell did they do to make them look that sweet!?!? thanks!

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
the shop charged me 50 bucks a rim that included centercaps. they stripped off the clear and polished it out. i had to repaint the red on the center caps and did the lines in between the spokes myself

i polished them like once every 2 weeks

1 - 20 of 22 Posts