S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, i am a complete idiot when it comes to going aftermarket so bare with me..

I want to drop my standard 99 s-10 2 inches but do not know whick shocks to buy..

also, i'm looking for someone that knows how to a bit about the xtreme. i want the black bumper but again dont know where to go..

thanks, Armoth Ecanus

·
s-series #2?
2004 Blazer ZR2 w/ nv3500, 5.3 LM4 swap
24,783 Posts
if you have an xtreme, dropping it with spindles and blocks, you should use stock shocks. or if they are bad, replacement stock shocks.

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
Would be the same on yours. If using spindles and blocks don't change the length of shocks. And there's no difference in rear bumpers on xtremes. If the body kit/parts is what you're talking about, look in the classifieds here.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright, i have no idea what you are talking about.. I thought you just got shorter shocks and springs to lower the body.?.? and what are spindels and blocks?

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
*leaves the old man to show links*

big picture : theres a couple ways to drop an s-series. each has its pros and cons. best way to learn is to read up on other threads in this section

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks, do you know much about the xtremes? i want the body kit and will probably get one but dont know where to get the black bumper..?? or is it just a cover? really though... thanks for the help. if your in the tulsa area some time i'll buy you a shot.

·
s-series #2?
24,783 Posts
thanks, do you know much about the xtremes? i want the body kit and will probably get one but dont know where to get the black bumper..?? or is it just a cover? really though... thanks for the help. if your in the tulsa area some time i'll buy you a shot.
i dont understand what you mean by the black bumper?
the airdam? they come in all body colors available. not just black...

they are on classifieds and ebay all the time.

·
Thanks For Your Support
3,647 Posts
*leaves the old man to show links*

big picture : theres a couple ways to drop an s-series. each has its pros and cons. best way to learn is to read up on other threads in this section
Armothecanus, like Ryo said you need to do some reading so you will understand what's going on. This will get you started with the basics:

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f12/s-10-drop-faq-please-read-27889/

Then read this for some detailed installation instructions (omit the parts you will not be doing for a larger drop) :

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/f198/how-to-5-6-drop-121091/

If it doesn't make sense, read again. If you want to drop it 2" on each end, you could do the simplest and use 2" drop spindles for the front and 2" blocks for the rear. You can use your stock shocks for this setup. OR you could use 2" drop coils for the front and 2" drop leaf springs for the rear. You would need to buy drop shocks (shorter shocks) for this setup. Read up and you'll be able to make a educated decision.

Greencactus3 is kinda grumpy, but listen to him. He knows what he's talking about on these trucks.

And welcome to the forum!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts