S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Resident Wetback
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just got an 04 blazer, and I want to drop it 3-3, maybe 3-4. my first question is will my stock rims/tires be ok? they are 235/70/15. I know how to do the front, but for the back, do i need angled blocks? will my frame bottom out with a 3" drop? what about a 4"? if i have to take the bumpstops out, will this void any part of the warranty? any one have pics of a blazer with a 3/3, or a 3/4?

sorry for all the questions, but i have never dropped a blazer. thanks in advance for any help.

luis

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
i have an 01 and i droped it 2/3 and the back bottoms out (on the frame) so if you droped the back more than 3 you would be sitting on the frame and need a c notch at least because i need one and im droped 3, and in the front i have the belltech spindles you have to order the ones special for a blazer and they only have 2in i think im not shure and my tires rub @ full turn, and im running stock tire height

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Texas Xtreme said:
i have an 01 and i droped it 2/3 and the back bottoms out (on the frame) so if you droped the back more than 3 you would be sitting on the frame and need a c notch at least because i need one and im droped 3, and in the front i have the belltech spindles you have to order the ones special for a blazer and they only have 2in i think im not shure and my tires rub @ full turn, and im running stock tire height

did you lower an extra 2/3 becasue stock extreme's come 2" lower then stock Blazer's, so you shure you dont' have a 4/5?

·
Resident Wetback
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the replies. anyone else have any input??

·
Registered
589 Posts
ok ive done these blzers tons of times

235 70 15 will be fine even with 4/5 drop
now in front i would get spindles and 2 inch spring. rear i pulled a leaf and added 3 inch block.

the rear a 5 inch is the most you can go before you have to notch it.

like i said ive done tons of 98 up blazers which are different than 97 down so e mail me ill help yah out
for one thing anyone who is bottoming out with a blazer with 3 in blocks on the frame did something wrong. see with a 3 inch block on a xtreme blazer rear set up you will be sitting on the bumpstps now way in hell you will bottom out. now if you cut the bumpstop brakcets off you will hit hard. orrrrr if you cut to much of the bumpstop you will bottom out.

now the blazer xs with 3 inch blocks in rear from grond to fenderlip are from 27 to 27.5 in rear and none have bottomed out when i have done them, one of them i even had 4 people in back which was about 600 pounds and it didnt bottom out it just sat on the bumpstops

MAKE SURE TO ONLY CUT OFF THE TOP OF THE RUBBER ON THE BUMPSTOP NOT THE BOTTom

rule of them on the blazer x's ive lowered with 3 inch blocks you cut off the top of the bumpstop about 1-1.25 inches no more. cause if you cut more than that then it will bottom out.

heres a 4/4.5 i did on a regular blazer
235 60 15 front and 275 60 15 rear

here was stock

here with a 2/4.5 drop

here it is with stock235 70 15 tires in front and 275 60 15 in rear and a 4/4.5 drop

hers a blazer x i did also 5.5/7 drop

·
Shade Tree Pimpin'
1,123 Posts
the bump stops are cut down to about the last few inches and worless because if they werent cut down i would just ride on them, and it bottoms out on the frame what am i doing wrong here

·
Registered
589 Posts
the bumpstosp on the blazers you can ride on. if you cut off the top the truck rides like stock if you cut from bottom it will not.
just get new bumpstops cut 1 inch off the top and your set.

the truck will still sit as low and they are collapsing bumpstops so you will be fine

all the guys i do this forthe trucks ride fine and also flip the brake lines you dont want to total it like one of my customers did that never came back for me to flip the brake line around

·
Resident Wetback
11,266 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks for the help N2O if i run into any trouble, i'll be sure to e-mail you.

luis

1 - 9 of 9 Posts