S-10 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to drop my 94 but still keep a good ride(original questions huh?). The truck needs shocks and I figured I'd drop her while I'm at it. Is it a ***** to do or should I have s a shop do it? I'm decent with a wrench but I want to make sure it's easy enough to do by myself. I've had people quote me prices from $450 to $850 (!!) to drop it, and that's a bit much! Any suggestions? Maybe a drop shop in the the Pomona/Ontario, California area with a decent price? Or a good quality kit that lowers the front and back? I want it noticeable just not slammed.

thanks!

Alex

·
Registered
26 Posts
A 2" front, 3" rear will work great, measure first to see if yours sets level front to back now, mine was close, so i went 2/2. Use Belltech spindles and blocks, about $200 They come with instructions, and you can use your stock shocks, the ride will be same as stock.

·
want my #... 911 beotch!!
2,186 Posts
dont forget to have her aligned ASAP after you drop it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
i live in north cali lower s10s all the time

4 5 drop on my cousins truck is fine all belltech and it rides fine. id get doetsch tech shocks though..

for a 4 5 drop parts are like 520 with shocks shipped

you can go with a 2 3 drop but some pre 97 trucks come with 3 leafs in back not 4 so back is lower than front stock. so a 2 2 drop would be good. the front for spindles and blcoks are 170 shipped to your house. spirngs and blocks are 120 shippped

tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts