S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched this section and didn't see anything about NON ZQ8 S10s with a 2/3 drop. Mine is a 1994 S10 with the non ZQ8 suspension and I am going to drop it 2/3. I am guessing this will lower it to the point of the stock ZQ8 height, correct? Will this look OK?

I can't go too low as this is one of my daily drivers and where I live there are plenty of drop offs that my buddy scrapes on with his 5/7 truck. I don't want to wear the rivets off my frame like he did....

·
2 Da Xtreme
360 Posts
2/3 Drop on Non ZQ8.........!

I Had a 94 S10-SS and i did a 3/3 Drop to it and it was aZq8 but the early version that sat reg height and drove it year round with no problems....!
I Live near St.Louis......where in MO are you Proflo'dS10........!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I ran this combo for 4 years, it rode same as stock, and looked good, but I am happier with the current 4/4 drop, the ride is a little stiffer, but it looks better.

·
"I Like Mine With No Shine"
53 Posts
I got a 2/3 on my '95 and it looks good. It looks sporty, kind of like the ZQ8 package. It is definitely a noticable drop, but its not too extreme, but soon enough, mine will be layin' frame!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
2/3 drop on a 94

I currently have a 94 SS with 2" spindles and 3" drop leaf springs.
Parked next to a ZQ8 it looks lower. I live in Iowa and our roads
SUCK! Ride quality is firmer than stock but tolerable. The key is
to keep your factory springs. I recommend spindles in front and
a block in the rear. Get the look without too much harshness.

·
The Primered Panther
313 Posts
I have a 97 with 2" spindles and 96' 4cyl stock springs in front and 3" blocks in the rear. I think it looks pretty good, the fenders wrap arround the tires nicely. I guess it just fepends on what you think looks good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts