S-10 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a totally stock 99 2wd and was thinkin bout droppin it like 2 or 3 inches what woulld i need to do besides installing the kit well i guess what im askin is is there any bump stops or stuff like that that are gonna gonna get in the way....

42,003 Posts
if you drop it with 2'' coils in the front you'll need shocks, with spindles you will not need them.
in the back if you use 3'' leafs you'll need shocks but not if you use blocks. at 2/3 you shouldn't have any issues with the bump stops.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i found a kid that has 3 inch drop coils and shocks for the front and 3 inch blocks and shocks for the rear for like 180 bucks

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,614 Posts
be sure the coils are the correct ones for your engine and if you have an ext cab you need angled blocks.

·
Press Z or R twice
1,080 Posts
at a 3 inch block out back i was running into bumpstops quite often. just letting you know

·
Sure why not.
2,202 Posts
Im at a loss... I fail because the stock shocks work fine with 3 inch coils and your telling the guy to buy new ones with 2 inch... Drop shocks make a difference for sure just thought he should know he has the option in a recession... I also have 4 inch angled blocks in the rear and have never hit the stops but I cut them in half...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts