S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. heres the deal, I have a 01 Xtreme which i dropped with 2 inch spindles front and 4 inch blocks rear. It looks bad as hell but I get an ocasional scrape in the front left which I can live with but the rear is bouncy and rough riding as hell. I am currently running the stock tire/wheel set but would like to go to 17's will this be a problem? Also it looks like the rear axle is resting on the bumpstops , should i cut them out ? do I need different shocks ?
Any help would be most appreciated.
:D

·
Registered
217 Posts
cut about 2 inches off your bump stops i guarantee thats is what is causing your problems ...also did u replace your sttock shocks to something meant for lowered vehicles if not that could cause some problems later on down the road I would look to bilstien or bell tech for drop shocks they offer the best quality

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
lol you need to cut the bracket off not the bumpstops off that wont help. go to this suspension forum and do a search on how to cut the bumpstop brakcets off. i showed pics and instructions how to do this. just to let you know the back wiht a 4 inch block will sit lowr than the front because right now your sitting on the bumpstops, but ride will be so much better

tony

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
truckracer666 said:
cut about 2 inches off your bump stops i guarantee thats is what is causing your problems ...

forget cutting the rubber...cut the mount and all out...your like it much much more without any of it there...and if it is still bouncy...then take the overload spring off....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Thanks for all the help guys, I guess i'll start by cutting out the bumpstops and go from there . If the rear sits lower should i go to different blocks or ? Thanks for any info in advance :)

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
your probably going to want 3" blocks with that...and if you decide you do and wanna sell those 4" block...give me a holler...I want some for my first gen...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oops

I mean I'm gonna cut the brackets off ! I think I'm gonna need a few beers b-4 I start cutting on da truck :drinkhaha

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
hell if you do decide you want 3" blocks...don't buy any....I will trade ya...I have 3" in my truck now..I will take them out and swap ya....I am not in an hurry...so when ever you decide what you wanna do...let me know...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Blocks

Opps....havent been on the Forum in a couple of days and I ordered the blocks already :mad: but b-cause I'm such a nice guy and b-cause of your help the 4 inchers are yours for the cost of shipping :D maybe if we hooked up at a show or somthing sometime you could throw in some Bud Ices Hee Hee....

Later

·
little pink pink
5,036 Posts
well here ya go...

this is my home town...find out what the shipping will be...

Arkansas City, Ks

after you find out...I'll give ya my full address.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Blocks

I received my new blocks today so I am hoping I can get them in during my time off for the holidays, Ive got your address so as soon as they are off i'll be sending them to you UPS (One of the depts I manage is shipping) so I'll worry about the cost later . Might only cost ya a few BUD ICE's if we ever hook up at a meet or somthing ,I'm trying to talk a bud into going to the meet in July and leaving the women home,HEH HEH...:drinkhaha :thumbup:

Later

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Blocks

Glad you got the blocks O.K. , wasn't sure if I had your address right...........hope i can talk somebody into going to the meet or maybe hook up with some people from Mich and cruz down with them .

L8R :thumbup:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts