S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, HEre goes. I got a 2001 X, Xtended cab, sportside. I threw a pair of belltech 2" spindles and a set of 2" belltech blocks. Now my truck rubs with the slightst bump, and I cant go anywhere without hitting my lip on something.

I see plenty of people with 3/3 or 2/2 and they don;t have problems...I also didn't put drop shocks in when i dropped it, I still have the factory ZQ8 shocks. If i were to throw a set of Nitro's on would it raise up a lil? If not how can I get it to stop rubbing?

Thanks guys, from a newbie to the forum -=/

·
drag~N~spark
9,530 Posts
bag it...and get toxic shocks.. that will solve all your probs, if u dont have the money/or want bags..i would say u need to get a shorter side wall=lower pro tire

btw...welcome to the forum! have a nice stay:thumbup:

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
with nitro-drop it will still rub thats what i have....if u have stock rims and tires its rubbing on the fender flares its hard to explain but the fender flares are plastic and were it wraps around and goes underneath its flat if u trim the flat plastic to were its about 1/4 - 1/8 inch from where it starts wrapping under it will eliminate about 95% of the rubbing.....

heres a link to what i'm talking about its the 5th pic on this page

http://www.s10forum.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7575

I actually trimed mine out more then xtreme21 did and i dont even consider it a prob anymore of couse i have nitro-drops

key to keep in mind if u see a bump coming after u trim the flares keep the steering wheels straight and it wont rub at all if your turning and hit a big bump after u trim them back it MIGHT rub
just keep trimming it till it doesnt do it anymore...hope this helps

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
if your looking into getting nitro-drops i'm VERY interested in purchasing your rear stock zq8 shocks...send me a pm or email to [email protected] if your looking into getting rid of them

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea, im gonna go ahead and get the shocks, and im gonna switch to 3 inch angled blocks in the back caus the back is still higher than the front. ANd if that doesnt help im gonna go ahead and start shaving back the damn fender trim...

·
Deadbeat
1,331 Posts
when i did mine it rubbed real bad even with the shocks and i never drove it w/o them so i cant compare but you'll probably wanna shave it back....someone told me if u use a dremel tool with the sander bit it melts the plastic and leave a factory looking smoothness to it....not that u can see under there anyway...hehe i just used sheet metal snips :)

·
diabolical super-villain
60 Posts
A) Did you get an alignment after dropping your ride? No? GO NOW, yes, right now, You shouldnt be reading this, you should be getting aligned, ok, you're not aligned yet? ok your'e like me then, i waited about 2 weeks, in that 2 weeks, i was riding on the belts of my tires, you have no idea how fast a F'd up Toe and Camber can destroy tires. what are your stock like 75series tires? that's no good, I replaced mine with 60 series for a while, there was no rubbing unless i locked the steering wheel turning. Just get some 60 series or lower tires is your best bet, also it'll lower your truck even more! ooohhh ahhhh...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts