S-10 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
has no indigoblue2kdime.
904 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anyone know anything (good or bad) about these?

im sitting at 3/3 right now with 2 inch spindles and 1 inch springs up front
and 3 inch blocks in the back
i want to do a 2 inch drop a-frame in the front and zq8 leafs in the rear...

with a 2 inch a-frame will i still hit the bumpstops constantly?
would it just be easier to do 3 inch springs?
im thinking that the 2 inch a-frames would give me a better ride, someone correct me if im wrong.

thanks...

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
The problem with lowered control arms is that it lowers the spring pocket...then with the spindles on there too...the pocket is that much lower to the ground and you will be catching them on everything...I didn't even know they made 2" control arms...I always see the 3" ones. Lowered control arms are only made to be used with stock spindles and coils...I wouldn't do it (especially with the spindles) but the only good thing I see about them is that they maintain the ride you currently have. I love this pic because it clearly illustrates the ground clearance problems with lowered control arms, drop coils, and spindles all combined...this is 3" arms, 2" spindles, and 1" coils, plus some pretty small tires...

...plus it's sitting in a gravel drive so add a little for that, but look at how low the shocks are sticking out of the lower control arm and the angle/clearance that the inside coner of the control arms has and how it sticks lower than the crossmember.

Ulitimately, it's your choice.

·
Damn right I'm a maniac.
9,571 Posts
:werd: It'd be cheaper and better to just swap your 1" coils for some 3" coils.

·
murse
13,200 Posts
i have the 3" ca's and theyre ok for a mild drop like my 3"/4", but for a big huge drop, i would swap them.

·
Squid Life
1,781 Posts
:stupid: If all you wanted was a 3" drop I think they are fine...anything lower and they have to go.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts