S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im installing beltech spindels with factory zq8 springs in front and 3" tapered blocks in rear. My question is will i have to adjust the driveshaft hanger bearing? Shim it? Its a 99 extended cab.Is there anything else i should do or look out for????????

·
Bagged Pup Member
81 Posts
I will tell ya no.... I installed my spindles and 3" angled blocks last christmas and have no problems with vibrations and what not that the shims you talk of would fix....
install the drop components and cruise....no worries!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK guys I have installed the drop when i turn and go over bump the front tires scrap the fender flairs i have trimed about 3/4 of a inch it still does it should i keep trimming? Also i removed the front bump stops now it seems to bottom out! Should i put new ones on? If so what hight? I still have to cut off the rear bump stop mount and put a small bump stop on it! Thanks for the info!

·
Bagged Pup Member
81 Posts
yea...you probably should get those front bumpstops back in there if you are bottoming out. I have not experienced much rubbing of the tires on the fender flares...I would trim off the amount you need to in order to gett he sound to stop but at the same time dont trim off too much as it may start to get visible from the outside. Are you still running the stock wheel and tire combo? The reason I ask is that I havent had any rubbing until I get to full lock in a parking lot or when I am racing down the mountian and encounter a turn with a bump in it...then she rubs a bit.
You should however (as you stated) get the bumpstop brackets off the rear...it will make your ride so much more pleasant.
I also have not had any driveline vibration problems since I have installed the belltech 2" spindles and 3" angled blocks. I guess it is all going to depend on your truck(though that doesn't make sense to me, my truck is fine...yours should be too)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts