S-10 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
many faces
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so yeah i have a 2000 2.2 xtreme with the zq8 susp. and i was wonding how you guy droped them in the back with the leafs that had no blocks on them??????

chris

·
Hell Bound
262 Posts
Leafs that had no blocks?..... Don't understand what u mean, but the conventional and best way of dropping a ZQ8 2/3 is with 2" front spindles and 3" rear blocks (angled if its an xcab). That will give you an overall drop of 4/5 including the stock ZQ8's 2/2 which is pretty badass looking. You'll also have to cut the back bumpstop brackets off so u don't constantly bottom out on em and replace them with a piece of rubber or low profile bumpstop attached to the frame. Hope this helped.

-Josh

·
many faces
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks bro cus i was confused on what it had. if it had 2" coils or spindles and what about the sway bar in the back will that be effected by the drop?

·
Hell Bound
262 Posts
Its dropped with drop springs and bilstein shocks in the front and bilstein shocks in the back with springs that have a leaf pulled out of the packet. This gives it a 1.5/1.5 drop and the wheels and tires give it another .5/.5 for 2/2. No, the sway bar won't be affected, because all you're doin by puting blocks in the back is increasing the gap between the leaf springs and the axle, which makes the axle higher up from the springs, therefore making the back of the truck lower. Ride quality will also not be effected (other than a slight improvement in handling due to lower center of gravity) if you use spindles and blocks because your still using the same shocks and springs. If you want to improve ride quality and handling performance however i would recommend replacing your shocks with edelbrock's IAS model shocks. They're about $70 each but everyone i've talked to that has em says they work great. Just make sure that if you have an extended cab, you get the blocks with a 2 degree angle (also refered to as tapered blocks) or else your driveline will not be straight and will cause terrible vibration.

-Josh

·
many faces
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
k thanks alot but how does it work when i have no blocks to start with on my leaf springs i just dont get it is there a sertin way i need to put them in the leafs or what if ya could tell me or if there are instructions or pictures of your blocks in action lol it would be most help full thanks again
chris

·
Hell Bound
262 Posts
Well i don't have any blocks on my truck yet, been too lazy to get around to lowerin the bish, but the way it works is some blocks come with a set (stylinconcepts.com sells them with the bolts) of "U" bolts that are longer than the stock ones, to make a up for the increased gap and you just take the old "U" bolts off and stick the block between the leafs and the axle and put the new bolts on. If you need help with installing the spindles or the blocks look around in the suspension forum. I'm sure pretty much everything has been answered there. Good luck :thumbup:

-Josh

Links:

Belltech Rear - Lowering Block Kit - 3" - $39.95 pair Click Here
Belltech Front - Spindles - 2" - $149.95 pair Click Here

·
Hell Bound
262 Posts
Forgot to mention there is also a really good tutorial in the how-to section that tony (N2O NOMA) did about how to cut the bumptsop brackets off the frame in the back.

-Josh

·
many faces
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks alot guys been most helpful

chris

1 - 9 of 9 Posts