S-10 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone installed spindles and not gotten a allingment right afterwords?

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
i didnt get one for about 1 month or month and a half afterwards and it ate up my front tires pretty good. I told the guy to save me one of thes tires so i oculd have a fullsize spare and he said the tires werent even good enough for it.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i mean i plan on getting one mainly cuz i need it anyways and i have the spindles...jsut wondering if anyone got away with it...

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
just adjust the toe on the tires by eye sight for now. as long as both tires look like they are fairly parrellel to each other, you should be fine for the time being.... now im not saying its still not going to eat up the tires faster than it normaly would.

as long as the tires look like l l, and not like \ / you should be ok for a short while.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
and to add to his instructions. just take a tape measure and measure the distance from the backside of one tire to the other, then measure again from the frontside. They should be equal or slightly less in front.

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
i haven't gotten an alignment since i installed my spindles......tires are fine. i have had my spindles on there since last christmas.....i was never able to find a shop that was willing to do an alignment.

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
haha....2 bad for you. I found a few shops around here that dont care about big rims or bags. But you should really get it done man. Theres no way its magically perfect.

·
Resident Wetback
11,267 Posts
the tires are worn a bit, don't get me wrong. but it's not that bad. i drove it every day from christmas, till march when i got a new truck, and the tires are still in decent shape. i hardly drive it now, since i am in the process of bagging it.

·
More Cowbell
3,186 Posts
yeah, i can't find a shop in mass thats willing to do an alignment on my truck if i dropped it...and when i dropped it off my x two months ago to the shop they said they couldn't do it casue the truck wasn't factory height, i was like the height of that truck is the same as the factory puts it out! anybody know of any shops in mass willing to align their cars with altered heights

·
Grrr
1,575 Posts
they are afraid htat it will be impossible to align. You need to explain to them ther you;re not a rice boy and it will align just fine.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
When I put my spindles on I didn't get it aligned for like 2 months and it ate up the inside of my tires. U shouldn't need a driveway alignment unless u dropped alot but u have bags so just throw em on and drive down and get it done.

·
Po-rican Pimp
437 Posts
I drove to the alignment shop with my tire sitting like this \ /. It was horrible. I couldnt go over thirty miles an hours ot the tires would start schreaching like a cat in heat and lets not even talk about taking turns. Thats a whole different story.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah i figured i would do a quick measurement and do a drive way allingment theres no way i would drive it with my tires like / \ or \ / i was jsut wondering how bad everyones was...ill ahve to call a few places firs ttho cuz i have bags and i can raise it to whatever height i jsut want the toe adjsuted and the height should not change that fact no matter what....shops are jsut stupid...

·
Registered
89 Posts
when i got my alignment done it took me 2 weeks to find a shop that would do it either the truck wouldnt fit on the rack so they said or they just wouldnt do it because the truck was lowered and sai all the specs will be off. then one shop said they would do it but for 200 bucks finally i found one shop that knew wat they were doing and charged me only $45. the thing i dont understand is that my truck came from the factory with 2-3 drop so their has to be specs on it from the factory

·
676 Posts
xtrememeasures said:
yeah, i can't find a shop in mass thats willing to do an alignment on my truck if i dropped it...and when i dropped it off my x two months ago to the shop they said they couldn't do it casue the truck wasn't factory height, i was like the height of that truck is the same as the factory puts it out! anybody know of any shops in mass willing to align their cars with altered heights
I don't live in Mass, but...you need to go to a custom shop, like at place that bags and drops trucks etc. They should have an alignment rack, and are a little more understanding. Don't just go to a brand name shop like Big O Tires or Jiffy Lube...They never wanna touch lowered trucks.

·
Registered
684 Posts
xtrememeasures said:
i live in mass...and the first place I went to aligned mine..and i had a 4/4 drop on my blazer

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i called up my local tirekingdom and they said they would do it and its only 40 and i found a 20 off coupon on their website...so hopefully ill be able to do it...enough rice around here and mexicans and hispanics at shops they should all have no problems doing it...

·
needs a new project
1,693 Posts
national tire and battery aligned my truck with the drop. they had to add an addition fee because the suspension was altered...which i though was total crap, but i needed the alignment, so i shelled out the money for it.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts