S-10 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is it normal to have bump steer with drop spindles.ive never had a set or know anyone who has run them before so i dont know if its normal or not.i switched back to stock spindles and it went away,then a few months later i put the drop spindles back on and i have bump steer once again

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck is in perfect alignment and drives straight as an arrow.i dont see how changing to drop spindles would make it have any bump steer and i put the stock ones back on and it has none

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
someone can correct me if i'm wrong but drop spindles should retain the stock geometry, so your tie rods and what not are at the same exact angle as they would be with stock spindles
thats what im saying.i held the drops next to the stock ones and all the mounting points were in the same spots.

·
The Static Drop Experts
2,260 Posts
This isn't anything I have experienced. Bump steer when using spindles on a fullsize is common but not an S10.

I would try a different alignment shop.

·
needs a cheeseburger
6,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
these are your 119 dollar spindles.even if there was a slight difference in the spindles they still shouldnt have this much bump steer.im about to to put my stock spindles on and throw these things in the trash

·
The Static Drop Experts
2,260 Posts
these are your 119 dollar spindles.even if there was a slight difference in the spindles they still shouldnt have this much bump steer.im about to to put my stock spindles on and throw these things in the trash
Can you explain further what issue exactly you are having? I have sold a ton of these spindles without this complaint. So please bare with me as I help you troubleshoot what the issue could be.

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
I'll Buy them from you. That way you dont have to toss em and you will recuperate some of the cost. LMK how much you want and how much shipping is

1 - 11 of 11 Posts