S-10 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just lowered my truck on to a 5/5 its a 2002 ext. cab dime.

after lowering it the truck is bottoming out the stock shocks.. but there is about 3 inches of travel left in the suspension... once i put my drop shocks on i should have a way better ride right?

how is everyones ride with a 5/5 with drop shocks? i also notched the frame 2.5 inches in the rear

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bottoming out how... mine has lots of clearance beween the spring pocket and control arm and tire isn't hitting.. i watch the shock bottom out thats where its bottoming out on
but they are stock shocks
and i just ordered ones for a 3-5 inch drop in the front
i should be fine right?

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i ordered the toxic drop shocks...on stylin concepts they got a better rateing then beltech and i know a few ppl around here love them just had problems putting them together

·
Registered
14,881 Posts
there must be the wrong factory type shocks in there then, cause every s10 i've ever worked on, the stock shock has more then enough travel to allow the lower A arm to hit the frame and still not be bottomed out on itself.

But either way, yes assuming you dropped the truck with a 2" spindle and a 3" spring, then yes the 3-5" drop shocks will work just fine for you. :tup:

·
Hates 'know-it-alls'
26,065 Posts
dunno who you talked to that loves toxic drop shocks, but you made 2 mistakes here. A) you ordered toxic drop shocks and B) you ordered from stylinconcepts. Don't be shocked if the toxics don't last you more than a few months at best, and the ride quality if far less than most other companies in my opinion. And if you order in the future compare the total price from stylinconcepts to the total price at summit. Put it this way, how many shocks did you order and what was the total shipped price?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts