S-10 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, HEre goes. I got a 2001 X, Xtended cab, sportside. I threw a pair of belltech 2" spindles and a set of 2" belltech blocks. Now my truck rubs with the slightest bump, and I cant go anywhere without hitting my lip on something.

I see plenty of people with 3/3 or 2/2 and they don;t have problems...I also didn't put drop shocks in when i dropped it, I still have the factory ZQ8 shocks. If i were to throw a set of Nitro's on would it raise up a lil? If not how can I get it to stop rubbing?

Thanks guys, from a newbie to the forum -=/

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also still have the factory Goodyears, 235/55/16 on there.

·
Registered
129 Posts
It doesnt really have anything to do with shocks.....I dropped my xtreme 2/3 and I had rubbing with my 245/50/16's and what I did was take a long piece of masking tape and tape off where you want to remove the fender flare, I would say go up to about 1/8 to 1/4 inch for the top final width and taper down....remember when you turn, the backside of the wheel will stickout more....so remove more there.....now take your dremel with a sanding drum and at a fairly high rpm work the fender flare down to the tape line....you will get a smooth line and it will look factory, and no more rubbing cause I am running fatter tires and I still have the factory bilsteins.....the sanding drum will basically melt through the plastic and leave it smooth without chipping the paint......

1 - 4 of 4 Posts