S-10 Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
No S-Series... Just a GTO
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I have a 98 SS and it kinda sits higher in the back then it does in the front. The front sits right above the 16' Stock wheels that I have, But the back looks to be about 2' or 3' off the wheel. I have a set of drop leaves and I was wondering if I could just install those without installing the coils and spindles up front too? Let me know please! :confused:

·
Registered
301 Posts
The SS already has a 1.5" dropped rear leaf settup, so a set of 3" leafs will only drop it an additional 1.5" if this isnt enough, you could use a 2" or 3" block with your stock leafs instead.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok, thats good because I was just thinking that id be riding lower in the back than in the front! LOL

·
Registered
309 Posts
I have a 99 Sonoma with the ZQ-8 package which should be the same as your 98SS. I put the 3" Belltech leafs on the back which effectively gave me an additional 1.5 inch lower and used Belltech 2" springs in the front that gave me an additional 1" there. The truck sets almost perfectly level. The front is a tad bit lower (less than 1/2 ")

·
Xtreme Dreams..
1,939 Posts
Spindles are better upfront for handling reasons, but coils will drop you the same.

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
For drop springs u don't need drop spindles.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oh I see... Well i sold my spindles for $100 and all I have left are the coils and leaf springs so i dont know what im gonna do. Probably just install the springs to level my ride out

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Yep if u have 3'' springs all around then expect your truck to 1.5 inches lower than now.

·
11,225 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats sweet.. Im pumped up now lol! Ill finally have a level truck and be blasting my way around the streets after X MAS.... In March Im also shaving all my handles and painting my truck Onyx Black again.. gonna be tight..

·
NTBSSHEVN
9,248 Posts
Sounds sweet can't wait

1 - 12 of 12 Posts