S-10 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
;- Tang
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alright so christmas is comming up and im going to be lowering my 2000 sonoma. Im a complete noob when it comes to this and YES i have been doing some research but i need some simple help of what it is exactlly i need. So many people say so many different things i dont know what to do??.. I want to do a simple 3/4 Drop.
Could someone please tell me what parts i specifically need. Thanks.

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
You actually have a couple of options for a 3/4 drop:

Option 1 - 2 Inch drop Spindles and 1 inch drop springs in front with 3 inch drop leaf's and 1 inch block in the rear. 4 drop shocks.

Option 2 - 3 inch drop springs in front and 4 inch drop blocks in rear. 2 drop shocks (just for front).

Option 1 is going to be more expensive, but is the better way to go. Option 2 is cheaper and will work as well, but if you ever want to go lower than 3/4 you will have to get the parts from option 1 to go with it.

I have had 2 trucks with a 3/4 drop, both with just springs and blocks. Some people dont like 4 inch drop blocks, but I personally have never had any issues. I also have a truck with spindles, springs, leafs and blocks. I dont really have a preference, but once you drop it you will probably eventually want to go lower. That is how it worked with me at least.

·
No More SS
1,100 Posts
Or Option 3 - 2 Inch drop Spindles and 1 inch drop springs in front and 4 inch drop blocks in rear
Good point. There is always several ways to do something, but ultimately you get your drop.

·
▂ ▃ ▅ ▆ █ ▆ &#
34,614 Posts
Springtech = AIM, just stating a fact and am not going to get into an argument about it. I personally wouldn't run their products because of their reputation but that's my personal opinion.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts