S-10 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much will the v8 drop the front with the stock 4 cyl springs?? I want to do a 3/4 or maybe a 4/5(not likely) but dont want to get stuck with parts I dont need...

Thanks

·
Shit's Weak
1,970 Posts
since no one has answered i guess i will give you a little piece of my slum advice. with a v8 its gonna be mad heavy and the 4 cyl springs are not gonna be able to handle that weight very well at all over bumps, dips, and probably some corners. i would probably get some spindles and some 3 inch blocks and see how that works first. then if it isn't low enough in the front, buy some at least v6 1 inch drop springs and they will probably put you down 1.25 to 1.5 inches more. blocks are cheap so switching those shouldn't be a problem. i have no proof of this because i have no experience with v8 s10s but what i said seems pretty logical i guess. good luck man.

John

·
Registered
484 Posts
well on my truck we installed 3 inch drop spring for a v6 and 3in blocks for the back
look at pics
before
and
after

Attachments

·
Registered
484 Posts
and after

Attachments

·
Registered
2,830 Posts
avtekk has a v8, he went w/ coilovers in the front. That seems like it woudl be the safest/smartest thing to do.

·
Registered
136 Posts
i just got this ls1 conversion book, and they guy started with a 2.2 5speed ( Im assuming he has zq8) after everything was done. he notice no differance.

This is what is says: " The 4 cylinder front coil springs hold the weight of the ls1. The weight did not affect the ride height, but dose have a heavier when there is a dip in the highway."

But what kind of v8 are we talking about? The alumiun ls1 block probaly has something to do with useing 4cly spring in a v8 truck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts