S-10 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey $50..good price for S10 3" belltech drop blocks?? brand new still in box...i can use em on my Xtreme right?? or u gotta have a certain kind of drop block for extreme S10s? thanks..sorry if im incredbly stupid about this hehe

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
nope $50 is a complete rip off......

go to www.summitracing.com

get bel-6202 if you have an extended cab

and bel-6200 if you have a regular cab

btw those are belltech brand

and xtreme - s10... same blocks. all that matters is if you have an extended cab or regular cab. :thumbup:

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
aw serious..dayum okae thanks guys i almost bought em :D thanks again

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
btw what would i need to drop my truck?? i wanna da 3in drop..front and back...i wanna keep the zq8 if possible..
if i drop my truck..will it be hella bouncey like the rice cars??
um would it void my warrenty? thanks guys..i have no clue one how to do it and what to get..lol my system was my first project for my truck..now its the drop :D thanks guys

btw will it be harder to drive?? like to turn and stuff..my fren sed u'll feel like ur steering like the bus drivers.. i dunno what that meant but yea :D

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
lol

go back to summitracing and get the belltech drop spindles..

part number. bel-2100 there about 149.99

and if your truck is a daily driver. all i suggest is a 2/3 drop using the spindels. and btw they are way stronger then stock. a lot more reliable and the 3" drop blocks.

no it's the same exact ride. no difference

and about the warrenty. i know theres beeen a few threads on it, but dont quote me on it but i think everyone said no it wont.

and ya its harder to drive. for fact that you need to be careful when you drive it. your front end will hit quite a few times on steep driveways and it may rub a bit on a full turn, tight U turn.... as for daily driving. theres no difference at all

but IMO it's worth it totally. it looks so much better!

theres pics of mine.... see gallery below

·
1st Gen Owner Again lol
473 Posts
for front drop you might try a set of dropped spindles, as far as the quality of ride goes...eg> bouncey and such, if you use the spindle, (front) blocks (rear) your ride will be just like from the factory, nice and smooth....I haven't got any installed on my current xtreme..I did however had the spindle/block setup on my old 85 xtended cab dime...thing rode better then my caddy L-dog

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so im only gettin the drop spindles then?? no blocks or what ever?? btw go_xtreme u truck is hella clean very nice :D ...
u have a 2/3 drop? wont it look like um lopsided?? cuz i want it to look even like um parallel to the ground sorta thing.. :D im also plannin on gettin rims..say 18 or maybe 20.. i wanna be able to turn and stuff so maybe the 18's but that'll be done say in a year or 2 lol....
so spindle the front and back..is that it?? will in need anything else? um is it hard to install?? thanks a million guys :D

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
well...... no..... you need the 2" spindles for the front.... and the 3" blocks for the back....

and truck is level now. if you look at your truck now you can see your back end is about an inch higher then the front. and yes you can easliy fit 18's on it you just need to get the right tire size and you can no rubbing at all on them

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
i dont think you can get much more level then this

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ah sweet..small kine boner action..hahah jk...hrmm..yea it is leveled..
so 2" spindles for the front and then 3" blocks for the back..and no off-road bouceness....haha
thats all?? then to install i just need like regular should have in garage tools and say a friend? with the drop.. i wont fock up my rack and pinion an shit right?? hows urs ridin, fine? no problems i believe..thanks again :D

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
yep just make sure you get the right blocks........ and for the install...... the blocks are really simple for install..... just unscrew the U bolts that are there now, then get your floor jack, lift up the axle just over 3" from the leafs, (if you buy angled blocks make sure you put them in the right way) slip in the bock..... then lower the axle onto the blocks... put the new u-bolts on and tighten

as for the spindles.... thats a whole different scene... you need a pickle fork and yes your tools and help from a few friends may make it alot easier. just search for a few threads on here and you'll pick it up on how to install them

·
Registered Slacker
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh okae thanks man...whats the difference with the angled blocks..besides the angle of course... make any diffenernce to the apperance? or ride?? thanks again

·
Teh S10Forum Hawk
14,000 Posts
You need the angled blocks if you have an Extended cab truck.
you need the regular blocks if you have a regular cab truck.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts